Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not listing my truck on here, but I want some opinions. My 05 Frontier crew cab Nismo has a blown engine and I want to sell it. People keep coming around asking about it, but owed too much to sell. Now that I have it paid down, what’s a good asking price? 4 wheel drive, the body and interior are in good shape. Any advice is welcome!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree, pictures, mileage, how the motor blew, condition of the rest of the components, general location/area, has it seen road salt, any acessories, trans. condition etc....

·
Registered
400 Posts
$2K max. KBB is around $8K, an engine is $5K, and the buyer isn't just going to take your word for everything else being perfect and there going to want a deal for their trouble.

If its in nice shape you could try craigslist or whatever for maybe $3k and see if you get any nibbles. Someone may want it especially if its in great shape - but realize you have a very small group of buyers available to you.

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
Hopefully a buyer can do the swap themself and save any labor expenses. Look at it this way, what number would make you willing to part with it? Write it down and then look at it and ask yourself would you pay that for a non runner? More then anything you want it gone and don’t want to see it sit and degrade and lose any value. Maybe go visit a few Nissan service departments and ask if any of the guys there have an interest in it as a project. If anyone can flip it to running fast, it’s someone there.

Clint

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Notwithstanding the current bull market in used vehicles, a blown engine makes your truck a white elephant. If you could get $2-4k, you should be happy.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You know the truck. In this market if it’s very good or better it may be worth having a motor put in it, then selling.
It would be interesting to do the math and see.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I agree with graybeard, investigate having an engine put in before you sell. Of course if you do that you may end up keeping it.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,422 Posts
blown engine makes it 500 bucks at most, here. you are better off parting it than expecting any kind of decent money.

your best bet is to get an engine from pull a part for 200 bucks and drop it in. hopefully you can do the work your self because then all you have is 200 and time in it. well, and any gaskets sets or what you want to get to make sure its not got any drips or seeps from that replacement engine.

i have bought many cars/trucks/jeeps with bad engines for 150-300 bucks, dropped a 200 dollar engine in, drove around for a month or two to make sure its good to go, and than sold for around 2-3k to families who need a dependable inexpensive vehicle.

since you have already replaced your truck with something else, maybe find a high schooler who needs a vehicle and is willing to help with doing the motor swap and than let them make payments on the final price yall decide on? they will feel more connection to the truck and treat it better, plus learn a bunch by helping do the swap. if you can do it, this is generally the most desirable of the choices for ways to help out, to me. i do realize not all people can do this though

·
Registered
368 Posts
Have you priced used Frontiers recdntly? Value has shot up. I bought my '15 18 months ago and similar ones are listed at double what I paid (prob easy 50% higher than others paid).
Might be worth getting new engine and selling it for what it is worth, not take a hit. Up to you what your time and effort are worth though, if you have time, or money to invest in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts