Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2009 pro-4x with rockford fosgate radio. im about to replace the radio and im trying to make sure i hook it all up right.

what is under the passenger seat? is there an amp or a separate box for the XM radio tuner? i got a new sirius tuner for the new radio.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
it should be the amp. you will need the new sat tuner because the factory is proprietary so it wont work with anything but the factory radio.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the Sirius SCC1 for the new radio. is the XM built in to the factory radio or is there a seperate box like the SCC1 under the pass seat?

i read somewhere the XM antennae will work for the Sirius, just need to know if there is a separate box i need to unhook and remove if im not using it.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i doubt the antenna from the XM will work with the sirius but it might. i thought the plugs were specific to each receiver. im not sure where the factory XM control body is. it could be under the dash or under the seat. im betting on under the dash though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.