Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 CC LE came with a 2 wheel limited slip (ABLS). When i turn the ignition i see the word SLIP on the cluster then it turns off. My question is when does the limited slip turn on??? How do i know its on??? Is there a botton i push to have it turn on???

I would like to know this please and any help is thankful.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
the abls is automactic. the system senses a spinning drive wheel, then automatically applies the brakes to the spinning wheel and directs power to the wheel that has the best traction. you don't have to press any buttons.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
gOt_diRt said:
05 CC LE came with a 2 wheel limited slip (ABLS). When i turn the ignition i see the word SLIP on the cluster then it turns off. My question is when does the limited slip turn on??? How do i know its on??? Is there a botton i push to have it turn on???

I would like to know this please and any help is thankful.
Sounds like you have the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control), that lights up on my dash when I start it up, it's the VDC doing a self check!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jojo said:
the abls is automactic. the system senses a spinning drive wheel, then automatically applies the brakes to the spinning wheel and directs power to the wheel that has the best traction. you don't have to press any buttons.
Cools thanks for the help... :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Has anyone used ABLS offroading, if so did it hinder or help traction because it seems that it could hinder getting out of a bad situation.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i've found it to be very unintrusive in the snow - i would assume that it would act in a simliar way in mud and sand - it doesnt apply so much brake that it stops the spinning wheel - it just gets the wheel that isn't turn to turn - on the other hand, i have the electronic rear locker...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts