Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like title says... If I had to do it all over again I would have dry fitted it first. I drilled all my holes and silliconed the shlt out of it then assembled. But a few of my holes were slightly off, so I had to remove it and just use a larger size drill bit.

No big deal, just a PITA with silicone every where! I siliconed not only the bolt holes, but the entire foot print of the roof rack. It has rain 3 times since I put it on, and have gone through 2 car washes, and no leaks!

Do you guys think I shoud replace the missing "frontier" sticker? Or just leave it?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
^^^ x2

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
X4.

I like the grill too, dont believe I had seen t before.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks great - when looking at your signature pic, it looks naked without it. I think I need to get a rack eventually - but will have to paint over the "Frontier" as I have the Suzuki-badged version.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
X4.

I like the grill too, dont believe I had seen t before.
Yeah, I got it about a month ago. I was gonna cut out the deepness of the scoop part and bend up some mesh to follow the lines of the hood, but lost intrest. Im gonna swap it out for Jeff024's stocker.

Looks great - when looking at your signature pic, it looks naked without it. I think I need to get a rack eventually - but will have to paint over the "Frontier" as I have the Suzuki-badged version.

Do it! I agree, I didnt even realize how naked I was! lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
No sticker. Badass truck. What grill is that and where'd you get the rack?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
how did you attach the roof rack? just plain bolts?

·
Banned
553 Posts
Looks nice....is that the U.K. thingy or oem? I chopped an Xterra rack for my truck....I tend to not go to automated car washes I think it might be asking for
trouble...? I don't really carry a lot up there... aside from some wet back packs/ropes...It is nice to have though, when my truck/bed is full of tool boxes
or building materials....compressor/table saw/chop saw....and the like..

T.C.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how did you attach the roof rack? just plain bolts?
No, the OEM bolts that held the stock rack on. Plain bolts would not work.

Looks nice....is that the U.K. thingy or oem? I chopped an Xterra rack for my truck....I tend to not go to automated car washes I think it might be asking for
trouble...? I don't really carry a lot up there... aside from some wet back packs/ropes...It is nice to have though, when my truck/bed is full of tool boxes
or building materials....compressor/table saw/chop saw....and the like..

T.C.
Its OEM.

No sticker. I agree with the painting it black part. I also say keep the grille, it looks good on your truck. Just my opinion though.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
jordo, how is the fit and finish on the grille. if good then going to buy the "hummer" style one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think the roof racks really put the icing in the cake when it comes to our trucks. Looks really nice. What brand of tires are those???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts