Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently encounter a problem in my brand new 2020 Frontier SV where the Push to start button became stuck in the ON position. The intelligent Key warning light did illuminate. The button could not be pressed, making it impossible to turn off the engine. Ultimately I had to use a flat head screw driver to dislodge the Start/Stop Button, which made it functional again.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there any way to manually turn off the engine/truck without using the Start/Stop button?

My truck only has 2500 miles on it and I'm surprised to see that it looks like no one else has had this issue yet.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,002 Posts
First - welcome to the forum. Second, I don't have that feature on my old rust bucket, so I can't help. Third, it may have been brought up here prior, but seeing as how you joined 42 minutes ago, you may not have read any previous experiences yet. Being it is a 2020, I would highly suggest you get that warranty to work and have the dealer look at this potential safety issue.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It's something to watch out for. I would definitely take it to the stealership and let them trouble shoot it and get a service note added to your trucks case file so that if it happens again later down the road it's already documented.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I have a Nissan sedan which has the push to start feature. The car is 11 years old and your issue has never come up. I sounds like it is a mechanical issue which means off the dealership you go.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier CC Midnight Edition 4x4
176 Posts
I own a 2020 but have not encountered this problem and I hope I don't. One of my small screw drivers now lives in my truck permanently though. Thanks for the post. :D

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x
140 Posts
I have roughly the same amount of miles as you do on my 2020 but haven't come across that issue. I do have remote start installed but haven't needed to use it a lot yet but that has made for a few less pushes of the button. This issue that you have has got me wondering if I do come across the issue ever if I could use the remote start to turn off the truck.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4X
29 Posts
Not sure what genius decided to place the start button horizontally instead vertically in the normal key position. Seems like it could collect enough tiny debris that it could make button stick in the down position.
No bueno

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
333 Posts
That actually is pretty common. I have seen push button starters in that location on many German cars. However, in the case of the Frontier, why not just put it where the keyed ignition was since there is now a strange void with an obvious cover over it?

·
Registered
2020 Frontier CC Midnight Edition 4x4
176 Posts
Hmm... Looks like you can buy covers for starter buttons. Look up "start button cover" on Amazon. There are many to select from. I'll have to grab one for mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts