Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was instructed to list what year and model of Frontier I have. I don't have one, but I'm considering purchasing a 2019 S manual used. I wanted to ask here before that and see what you guys think. I'm guessing anyone on Club Frontier would not likely say something like "they're junk; run now." but I'm still interested in your feedback. The car is listed at $13k with 14k miles. It has significant cosmetic damage and two replaced windows, but otherwise is in great condition.

How are they to work on to make repairs as they come up? Regarding how "DIY" I am, I'm willing to change oil, brakes, tie rods, exhaust parts, top-of-engine components, and things like that. I don't expect I would want to change the clutch, though I might be convinced by the right zealous mechanic :).

I'm not the kind of guy to make cosmetic, luxury, nor extravagant performance upgrades, but may be interested in improving fuel economy or adjusting computer internals.

What else should I know about the line of trucks?

Thank you all for having me!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think their a decent truck, I have the KC frontier and the pathfinder..same thing but SUV version. Pretty easy to work on but being a 2019 you probably won’t be doing anything serious to it for a long while. Good luck with whatever you get!
and Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
147 Posts
You are wise to put it out there. I wish I had found this site before I made my purchase. I bought a new 2019 SV 4x4 about 3 months ago. Got a good discount and 0% financing. However, had I found this site before making my purchase, I might have looked for certain options or packages. I will say, I have had a blast customizing my truck. Every day I drive mine, I like it more. No Regrets here!

·
Registered
151 Posts
They are solid trucks. The one you are looking at is a base model truck, so there isn't much that could go wrong with it. With only 14K miles, it still has plenty of warranty left, and 13K is a great price. If you like it, go for it!!

I have a 2017 S model 4x4 with 53K miles and have had nothing go wrong with it yet. No regrets here either

Reactions: lmat

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm not the kind of guy to make cosmetic, luxury, nor extravagant performance upgrades, but may be interested in improving fuel economy or adjusting computer internals.
These trucks are known to not have the best fuel economy. But it is a truck and not a Prius, so hopefully your expectations are reasonable. The 2019 you are looking at has the same drive train as a 2005 model Frontier, so Nissan has not really utilized new technology to improve fuel economy in the last 15 years.

Spend some time here reading the threads about gas mileage and have a realistic understanding of what you will get. There are many threads where people are disappointing/surprised at how low the gas mileage actually is after a few months of ownership.

Also, you didn't specify. Are you looking at a king cab or crew cab? 4-cly or 6-cyl?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took a test drive today. I liked the truck (and especially the price after looking around here a while!) so I purchased it. I won't get it for another week or so.

The steering column is not adjustable and it sits somewhat low for me. It's only a problem getting in and out of the vehicle, so I may get into the habit of backing the seat up before exiting.

I'm not sure what to expect as regards acceleration from a stop, but it's not very quick. Of course, it's a four-cylinder vehicle and a pick-up truck, so I don't have high expectations.

Other than that, it being not old, it's very clean under the hood, sounds excellent idling and running, hardware is in excellent shape, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts