Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won it on ebay and I believe it is one of you guys. Either way I believe it was a great deal and saved me a few bucks. Once I get it I will let you guys know what I think. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
So, have you received the exhaust and installed it yet? I have that exhaust installed on my truck, I'm interested in hearing your impressions! I just installed the AirAid Intake today, it made a big difference! I think the combination of the two mods really woke up my truck!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my banks...

I got it four days later than expected but with the holidays I figured that. I am getting ready to put it on this morning and suffer through the cold. I am so excited. This is only second time I have a put an exhaust on so I hope it isnt too bad. I will take pics and let you know how it goes. Later.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Great! I'm looking forward to your impressions! I still think mine is a bit louder than expected, so I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to keep it. How much did you pay on ebay, if you don't mind me asking, and was it new or used? Just curious, incase I decide to try something else, I may try selling it on ebay. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If you decide to take your exhaust off please let me kno, I would be interested in buying it, would it fit the crew cab?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yes, the exhaust system is the same on both the CC and the KC. I'll let you know what I decide!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First thought...big and shiny...

Well, I got it on and it was a pain for me. I live down a gravel, dirt road and from all the rain and mud so the bolts on the flange were rusted pretty tight. But after those were off in about an hour itself. It was pretty straightforward and ended up taking me about two hours or so.
Now, I took it for a test drive about 10 miles but not too far. The growl was awesome. I think it is perfect. It is a little louder then my gibson from my blazer but the gibson is not really aggressive either. But I too like the Banks very much. It is really only noticeable when you step on it. Otherwise the growl is fine with me but I can see how others might not like it. I havent done the 65 and over yet but from what I got it isnt bad at all. Love the look of the tailpipe.
The only thing I dont like it that it sits so low. But that is it.
I paid $292 + $88 for shipping but since it was awfully late I am trying to get back the shipping from fedex. It was only a few days used and that was it. Not enough to notice any wear on it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds great...

I guess my anticipation was that it would be louder but it really isn't. Don't get me wrong but it is a loud deep growl. At start up it is a deep suttle growl but when you lay into it the sound is awesome. On the highway it sounds great when just coasting. The only time it really gets attention is when stepping on it between 2000-3500 rpms and it goes. The growl is real deep. Not as load as flowmaster from my last truck and not as quiet as gibson by far. I believe it is perfect. I love it and over 65 it is noticeable but not after a few days of getting use to it. I barely notice it anymore because it is drowned out by the radio. I think it is great though. It is noticeable though. If you want loud but good this is the best system unless you get a custom.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Forgive me for being obtuse, but isn't the restriction at the exhaust manifolds and cataytic converter??

How does opening up the exhaust after the restriction allow for better flow??

I can see how it makes the machine sound better, but can it help flow and performance if it doesn't allow for better exhaust flow?

·
Registered
129 Posts
outlnder said:
Forgive me for being obtuse, but isn't the restriction at the exhaust manifolds and cataytic converter??

How does opening up the exhaust after the restriction allow for better flow??

I can see how it makes the machine sound better, but can it help flow and performance if it doesn't allow for better exhaust flow?
I'm impressed--we don't often see posts with words like "obtuse." :lol:
Yes, there are restrictions at places like the converters, but if the restrictions further down the line (i.e., Y-pipe, muffler) are even greater then removing them would allow for better exhaust flow. Aftermarket cat-back exhaust systems seldom achieve the inflated claims made by their manufacturers, but a decent cat-back system on the new Frontier can add an honest 6-8 rear-wheel horses and about the same increase in torque. These are not butt-dyno estimates, but actual before-and-after dyno tests by owners.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Banks exhaust

Hey guys, I to bought the 3 inch Banks Cat-back exhaust also. Perfect exhaust, not to loud not to quite...but doesn't sound like much until you step on the gas. Overall very satisfied. Fit perfectly and easy installation. I was hesitent to purchase becuase I live in Alaska and the shipping cost killed me, I was just going to have a custom exhaust built but the guy I spoke with at BANKS made some good points. From what he told me this exhaust it tuned and dyno test and retuned and tested and so on until they reached maximum flow, right sound and most power. I believe this is a quality product from my expieriences.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have my two month old Banks Monster Exhaust system for sale. Functionally there is nothing wrong with it, just too loud for my taste. It does have some overspray on it from when I had my truck undercoated, and I replaced the 4" echo chamber tip with a 3.5" resonated tip. It helped make the sound mellow, but didn't quiet it as much as I wanted. Anyway, it's an all stainless steel system, all hardware included, I have all the instructions, and even have the Banks Power sticker! I paid $497.99 for it new two months ago, and will sell it for $300.00 plus the cost of packing and shipping (unless you want to come pick it up, I live just south of Indianapolis, IN). I have no idea what shipping will cost, and will have to figure that out becuase it will nned to be packaged and shipped. If anyone is interested, PM me and let me know!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts