Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a m sure several of you guys have removed it

I need to get to the backside of the part where my 4x4 selector is...

just not sure where to start

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
sorry I'm of no help to you, but are you installing a new console or just working on something behind it? I think I liked my pathfinder console better so I may look into switching mine eventually

·
Registered
934 Posts
Reactions: Contra

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at add something

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
That part of the dash requires taking most of the other center parts out. No pics, but off the top of my head:

1. Start with the passenger side lower glove box... 2 screws up top, 2 down below, 1 in the door channel area behind one of the trim panels.
2. Next, driver's side knee panel; IIRC 1 screw underneath, 1 more screw in the door channel area behind one of the trim panels
3. Radio upper center console is next. Pop the upper dash bin, 2 screws in there, then you have to tug the upper console backward to undo the clips. unplug everything in the back and pull the upper console (with radio still attached) out.

At this point you will somewhat have access behind the lower center dash where the 4WD switch is, but it's tight. If you want to actually remove that lower center dash panel completely, there's 2 screws up top you can see, but the other two screws are coverd by the center console.... which means you have to remove the center console for access.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, i may look to add it elsewhere...lol

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts