Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has already been asked, and i'm just being a no0b, but i've searched a bit to no avail.

The underdrive crank pulleys that are made for the 240sx ka24de, will they fit our ka24? also, there are sets of 4 which include crank, power steering, etc....are they the same in the 240sx as in the frontier, or vastly different?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow I have been trying to find an underdrive pully set for my motor as well. I have the 01 2.4 motor. I have been looking and all I have found is sets for the 3.3L. I would like to know if they would work to

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I am not sure if anyone has actually done this but you may want to look at the stock pulley and the UD one. I know the 350z (VQ35) pulleys will not work on the Frontiers (VQ40) because the z uses 2 belts over the Fronter's 1. This would give you a quick check. If it works out, then move onto step 2 and start looking at PNs between the KA24 pulleys per platform (frontier, 240sx, etc...). If they match, then it should be a go. If they don't, then more research would probably be needed. Heck, maybe just order the pulley and try it, if it works then great, if not, then just return it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about ordering the 4 pulley set for around 175, and if all else fails, just resale on craigslist or nicoclub or something.

But you bring up a good point about comparing part numbers for the stock parts....it shouldnt be too far off....it's gotta be basically the same engine, except for the intake AFAIK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1. This would give you a quick check. If it works out, then move onto step 2 and start looking at PNs between the KA24 pulleys per platform (frontier, 240sx, etc...). If they match, then it should be a go.
Good idea man I think ill try that cause they hafta somewhat be close anyhow I mean a 2.4 is a 2.4 just diff configurations...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mods;

any ay you guys could move this to performance mods, so i'm not starting a new thread with same topic over there? Maybe the guys over there have a bit more input on this issue.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I am guessing that you havn't gotten a lot of posts since most 1st gens with the 4 bangers have accepted that its not built for speed but for chugging along for hundred of thousands of miles. I have only seen the 2nd gen 4 bangers and 6s swap pulleys.

Also, for the statement that a 2.4 is a 2.4, that isn't exactly true. Most likely they have the same pulley shaft diameter but they may have a different length or belt set-up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've seen 300+ hp ka24de's before....in the 240sx of course, but same platform afaik. the two engine applications can't be so far off that the upgrades aren't at least very similar.

not that i'm going for a crazy performance engine here, just looking for some simple upgrades and going from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts