Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Black 2006 frontier SE King Cab V6 4x4 6-sp manual with 71k miles.
Excited about it thus far, very fun to drive in comparison to all the other pickups I was looking at.
Though my previous car was a 2010 bmw coupe, so Im trading in handling for practicality. But also looking forward to save some money.

I bought it knowing it needs a new exhaust and lower ball joints.
Ive noticed that many people replace their exhaust on this truck and Im curious if this is a good opportunity to get a higher end exhaust.
Any input is more than welcome ::grin::

· Registered
8,193 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Your specs are almost identical to mine (except the SE/Nismo) including the mileage.

As for lower ball joints I would consider getting the entire lower control arm. Lower BJs are $25-45. Entire arms are $60-75. These also include the most likely blown out bushings.

As far as exhaust goes I am not sure about higher end, but a clamp on DIY job can save you a bit of money. The stock "Y" pipe is something that you might consider to get rid of. I really like the dual in sing out alternative. Beware of loud exhaust.

· Registered
1,215 Posts
Congrats on finding a 2006 with only 71k on it. That's really low mileage. There's plenty of aftermarket cat back exhaust you can install yourself. Gibson, banks, Flow master, borla, I had a Magnaflow I liked it but it still used the stock Y-pipe.

Enjoy

6spd Mafia

Reactions: educ8tedguess

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, yeah Im super excited it about it.
I have little to no experience working on my cars, so Im admittedly pretty ignorant on the subject.

that said, the SES light came on and my mechanic said that the exhaust system is littered with leaks all the way back to the cat. Says I need everything new from that far back. I assume that means the stock Y pipe too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.