Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going, bought an 01 frontier in september and loving it. But there are some issues with it.

1)When i bought the truck it had a slight pull to the right. The tires were pretty worn and the dealer said that was the problem(they had re-balanced rotated and re-aligned it). I went and got some new tires on the weekend, but its still pulling to the right (even worse since the tires arent worn the same). I went to get it aligned again but the mechanic explained it wasnt possible because the chamber bolt was seized and that i would probably need a new control arm. What do you think?

2) The service engine soon light is on. I thought maybe for the exhaust, but when the tires were being changed i got under the truck and noticed the gas tank was leaking from the top. I couldnt tell from where. Wondering if anybody else has had the same problem.

thanks Matt

·
Super Moderator
20,352 Posts
Get a second opinion on the alignment. The leak might be coming from the fuel pump area where the lock ring holds it in the tank. If it wasn't tightened sufficiently after it was removed and replaced with the old O ring, it could leak.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
sorry to say it, but the truck was probably in an accident and something is tweaked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.