Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hankook Dynapro atm LT 265/75 r 16 80psi is that right?
I know thats whats on the tire just seems to hight

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't believe so, that is the max psi that the tire will hold. I had the same tire except in the P, not the LT and I ran 35 in them. However you can run a higher psi in the LT tire than the 35 nissan calls for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
that seems high. i have toyo open country m/t's and im running 35psi. i think there d load for heavy loads like diesels and trucks like that. i was puttin like 45-50 psi in my pro comp a/t and they started to expand the tread and ruin the tires. so i agree with spike36ff and keep it at 35. and go from there.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
... that is the max psi that the tire will hold..
^the TPMS will trigger at 64psi. anyway.
Do the chalk line across the tread thingy to find the right psi. for your set-up.

G/L.

btw. I'm running 50 in E-load A/T(street) tires.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
do you drive around at full throttle all the time? Run the A/C on full blast all the time? yell at the top of your lungs all the time?

Same thing with the tires.....why would you run them at MAX PSI all the time? Look at your door jamb sticker...run at that PSI and then fine tune it based on tread wear.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the nice thing is just to have the ability to run higher than 35 for when you are towing. with the weight of the truck only 40-45 is probably where your going to want to be but say you have a 4.5k pound trailer behind you you may find that having some weight behind you a chalk line may show you need to be closer to 50-55. chalk line test is really the ticket here

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
chalk test is a good idea.

I'm running 285/75/16's on factory wheels and run them at 35psi, anything higher and the center wears too fast (and these are load range 'E'). I'll get 35k out of a set but they're mt's so I can live with it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
my 285 E-rated mud tires are at 35 psi most of the time. I've got 37k miles on them now and based on the wear so far I should get another 40k miles. I do mostly highway miles though. 2008 with 97k miles.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
my 285 E-rated mud tires are at 35 psi most of the time. I've got 37k miles on them now and based on the wear so far I should get another 40k miles. I do mostly highway miles though. 2008 with 97k miles.
good to know since I was looking at those tires for when I need new ones in a couple months...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Running 41 - 42 psi on mine

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Ditto on the chalk line test.
It's the best way.
35psi is a starting point, each brand/model of tire is different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts