Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Make sure you carry those tire spoons with ya so you can put those beads back on those skinny rims.........lol
not to worried about my "skinny rims" ran those rims on my gen 1 with same tire size for 15 years with no issues, have friends who run the same with no issues, recommended rim is only 1/2" wider therefore 1/4" on both sides from center of tire/wheel this is one of those debates like what brand of oil is best to run.. any wider of tire sure you might then have a point but this is the max you would run.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Enjoy! Moosehead / Rangely area? Make sure your CB is working.
Loggers are not polite and act like they own the road.
They do own the road. I tend not to argue with anything running 9 to 12 axles and weighing in at upwards of 160 - 190,000 LBS. Some of those logging trucks are just beasts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
They do own the road. I tend not to argue with anything running 9 to 12 axles and weighing in at upwards of 160 - 190,000 LBS. Some of those logging trucks are just beasts.
lol i totally agree! I rode my dual sport bike up there years ago and thats def very intimidating seeing a huge logging truck coming towards you hahah

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
lol i totally agree! I rode my dual sport bike up there years ago and thats def very intimidating seeing a huge logging truck coming towards you hahah
The ground shakes a bit when they roll past, I felt like I was motoring a Tonka next to those guys. I've never seen an Australian road-train in person, but these have gotta be running somewhere in second place. One of the few vehicles I could think of that probably wouldn't even fear a Moose. And my wife was in a car that was totaled by one. They're big. No joke big.

Reactions: TwoWheelsDown

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Especially when you come across a triple trailer...
Sucks they keep hauling all the timber upta canada for milling....

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Especially when you come across a triple trailer...
Sucks they keep hauling all the timber upta canada for milling....
Yes, thats true, global price wars have gutted the paper mill industry in Maine. Many have closed down. My brother-in-law's a Union Electrician at one of the one's that's still functioning, fortunately for him he'e about to retire and buy an RV. Their bat-crap crazy Governour Janet Mills won't reopen the state though they've had less Wuhan deaths total this year, than NYC had in a day. The tourism industry's destroyed for this year & on life-support for the forseeable future, maybe permanently, they're still on 14 day quarantine lockdown for anyone from out-of-state, so many just go on the DL and then leave. Sad to have to run things this way, but when politics and science refuse to meet in the middle, it leaves few choices. This is 100% about control, not "public safety".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes, thats true, global price wars have gutted the paper mill industry in Maine. Many have closed down. My brother-in-law's a Union Electrician at one of the one's that's still functioning, fortunately for him he'e about to retire and buy an RV. Their bat-crap crazy Governour Janet Mills won't reopen the state though they've had less Wuhan deaths total this year, than NYC had in a day. The tourism industry's destroyed for this year & on life-support for the forseeable future, maybe permanently, they're still on 14 day quarantine lockdown for anyone from out-of-state, so many just go on the DL and then leave. Sad to have to run things this way, but when politics and science refuse to meet in the middle, it leaves few choices. This is 100% about control, not "public safety".
so that lock down is not for every state. all the surrounding states can come and go as they please.. New York, New Jersey, Vermont, New Hampshire. i made sure to check as i am heading there from NYS in a month. any other state you either have to have a covid negative test from the last 72 hours or you have to quarantine for 14 days

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
so that lock down is not for every state. all the surrounding states can come and go as they please.. New York, New Jersey, Vermont, New Hampshire. i made sure to check as i am heading there from NYS in a month. any other state you either have to have a covid negative test from the last 72 hours or you have to quarantine for 14 days
She's a certifiable head-case. Florida's got the biggest hot-spot and she puts 4 states on the safety list. 4. No science or logic behind any of that. Paul LePage will get re-elected by a landslide come November.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Don't get me started on Mills or the rest of this dumpster fire.
This will result in Mainers being forced out of their homes and farms, then that property bought up by money from away and turned into McMansions... happened following '08 and the dot com bubble.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts