Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I've been bragging around for the past couple days that I was contacted by the research and developement department of Magnaflow to confirm that the cat-back system they list for 2009s works on 2010. They are putting their new catalog together. They would keep my truck for a few days and I get a rent a car and a free exhaust. Couldn't turn it up. All I asked was... not super loud and the old system back.

Today I was driving back up there to pick up my truck when I got the following email from Gabe at Magnaflow;
"It went well. I kinda have a “prototype” still left on your truck. I wanted to get some feedback from you on the noise level. And if all is well, then we will release this to production. Hope you are ok with that..( if you are then its ready to go) Let me know thanks. "

I was a little nervous. When I got there...WOW looked awesome and sounded better. The catalog item was a single in, single out conected after the "Y" pipe. I got a two in. single out. The "y" pipe is gone. Sound is a rumble. Can barely hear it at idle. Nice growl with acceleration (Its loudest), and barely noticable at freeway cruising speed. So far....daddy like!

pics and sound attached.

YouTube - Sdharleydad interior at 65mph - Sdharleydad interior at 65mph

YouTube - 2010 nissan frontier magnaflow - 2010 nissan frontier magnaflow

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
finally they are fixing their biggest issue with their off the self system. +1 for them

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Finally they did it how I wanted to see it. GJ Magnaflow

Looks like you got a sweet setup goin!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds Great!! Very Awesome!!

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
wish mine came with an upgraded y pipe, or lack of a y pipe...anyway looks and sounds good man, wait til the muffler breaks in, it'll sound a lot better. i also remember when my muffler/pipes looked that good.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Im going to send my input after a couple days of driving. Monday probably.... im going to include some of the responses here to the idea of the 2 into 1.. dont know how long it would take to get into production or if it fits earlier ones.... im guessing it would,

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to try and get a recording of a drive by today but would really like people to post your thoughts and comments so that I can share them with Magnaflow. Would a system like this interest you? Thanks for those that have already commented.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
you can't beat that deal. i have a magnaflow on my truck that i'm happy with as well.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks and sounds good. Did you notice anymore power on the drive back. Would have been cool if they did a before and after Dyno. I'm interested

·
Registered
345 Posts
Anyone have an idea of what this would cost?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok here is a drive by clip. taken with a crappy cellphone camera but its all I got. I have a couple hundred miles on it now and lovin it more and more. Not obnoxious at all. Great for us old folks

YouTube - Sdharleydad frontier drive by - Sdharleydad frontier drive by

Anyone have an idea of what this would cost?
Their other cat back in the catalog is about $500

Looks and sounds good. Did you notice anymore power on the drive back. Would have been cool if they did a before and after Dyno. I'm interested
Mid range -its there. More responsive at take off too.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like there is interest...i'll pass it on

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Looks like there is interest...i'll pass it on
there's definite interest....i was thinkin on gettin they're exhuast but if they're gonna make once like urs (w/the "upgraded" Y-pipe) i'd rather wait and get that assumin it Does fit an 06 (which i believe it should)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I sent off an email this morning inviting Gabe from Magnaflow to this thread so he can see the comments and the interest. Ive never looked at the older Frontiers but cant imagine much of a difference.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts