Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
16-ga should be fine, just make sure you're using relays for the main power from the battery.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I have already ordered a fuse box that has slots for blade fuses, and relays. It comes with clips, but no wires. I wanna make it look as professional as possible. Since the main light bars will be on the grille guard, I am gonna have some waterproof connectors so it can be easily unplugged from the wiring harness in the event I have to remove the grille guard to do any work in there. Im gonna get some braided sleeves for the wires as well, so it should look pretty clean when its done. Since I'm gonna be doing the roof rack install on saturday, and the headliner will be down, I figured this was a good chance to run the wires to the overhead console so that when I get to the full install, thats one less thing to worry about. I'll be posting pics of the respective builds as they go on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If the light is pulling 180 watts just remember that means that for a DC source (180w/12v = Amps) that you will need 15 amps roughly of power going to to the light. Even with a fuse to protect your rocker switch exc you need a wire that will be able to handle 15 amps for an extended period of time. Check a few ampacity charts, but in general - depending on run length - 12-14ga would be ok for 15amps. 16ga might work depending on which chart you looked at.

Reactions: Glacier2015
1 - 4 of 4 Posts