Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the longest time I have had the P0430 code going on. It hasn't affected anything so I never bothered worrying about it.

Today out of curiousity I tested my 02 sensor voltage with my superchips programmer.

On bank1 it read approx .300 volts and .28 volts
On bank 2 it read approx .600 volts and .28 volts

Could the code be caused by an issue with the .600 volt 02 sensor? Does that mean maybe something is wrong?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW this was read with the truck off. I read something saying to rev up to 2500rpms and test? Also read that ranges of .1-.9 are safe. It just seemed like a discrepenacy for it to be so different than the others.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I dont trust the superchips when it comes to reading the o2 sensor values(love it for everything else though). The only way to properly look at an o2 sensor electrically is with a scope, so you can determine the switching in a graphic way. That code, along with the p0420 are very common on Nissan trucks. 95% of the time its a bad cat. The P0430 is the driverside primary cat. If your under 80K, bring it to the dealer for free replacement under the federal emmissions law.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I always used a digital vom. Disconnect the o2 sensor, start the truck. At idle aprox. .5 volts is ok. Run up to 2500 rpms s/b aprox. 1 volt. No values or no fluxuation = bad sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts