Nissan Frontier Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pro4x, Bilstein Tswap, Coastal Bumpers, 35" Milestar Pats
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
^^ Yeah !!!
If I end up doing one, I'll probably have the whole diff refreshed and the locker put in with new bearings and seals.
Any idea on the cost of the locker unit?
I found a nice recently rebuilt 3 rib to install mine into.

As for cost, I do not know. There are higher powers that B. I have just been told that it will be cheaper than any other selectable locker available for the M205 ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Added some new lights tonight. Now we are running Vivid Lumens for most of our front lights.

Vivid Lumens 42" Single Row Projector light bar
Vivid Lumens 3" FNG Intense Wide Floods
Vivid Lumens FNG SAE Fogs

The headlights are from HIDProjectors.com. If you want to buy a set of those, we have a discount code with them. I will make a post about that soon. TREELOVIN10 gets you 10% off!

Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Tints and shades Automotive exterior

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
After weeks of being super lazy and uninspired to do projects beyond sit on the deck and drink beer in the sun, I crossed off a bunch of the to do list today.

• wired in our Trigger 6 Shooter switch panel to the illumination circuit, and put the system on a kill switch
  • wired in a new remote start that has a external key code entry incase keys get locked in, adjustable crank times for V8 fun, and a push to start
  • hard wired the truck radio to run off the battery
  • wired the front e-locker to only turn on in 4LO

We also started a working partnership with vivid lumens, and will be going back to the old looks with six FNG 5" hyper spots on the roof, plus some RGB rock lights, roof lights, and their new chase light syste. A buddy is going to fab up some 3d printed mounts so we can angle the roof lights down and illuminate the "scene" a lot better around camp.

Next on the to do list is get the dual battery wired, paint the rear bumper, add a leaf, install the new titan rear diff, and make some windoors for the canopy. Weekends need to be longer.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Skipped a few steps on the build and went straight to getting the new rear Titan diff ready for install.
Storytime: I was at the local dealership and noticed a Titan diff sitting on a container. I inquired and found out that back in 2016 or so, someone came in with a faulty rear M226 on their 2012 Titan. They did a warranty, installed a new diff, and within 2,000 km, the customer came back with the same issue. Nissan said "throw in another diff" so the techs did and kept both of old ones. When the customer came back a third time saying they had the same issues, they looked elsewhere and found it was something not diff related. Long story short, I have a perfectly good working diff with around 2,000 km on it.

I added what I like to call a truss, but really, the truss effect is minimal. One thing I really did not enjoy with the last Titan rear diff is that it looked like a toothpick between two 35" tires. I am hoping the truss will make the rear diff "appear" less toothpicky. I also plan to mount my e brake cables to it as the last ones were just held in place using strapping.

I also went with some spring perches from Barnes4wd that will allow me to shift the axle back an inch. I was getting some major rubbing into the fender flares at full stuff so this should solve my problem. I decided to box them in because the last Moreso perches I used ended up getting squished at some point which is very strange. I noticed the Titan ones were boxed in so I replicated that.

The keen eye will notice that there are no shock tabs. I picked up some shock mounts from a F350 that are adjustable with a u-bolt holding them in place. We have a few more suspension changes in mind so the ability to adjust as we go is sweet. Once we find the sweet spot, we can grind off some paint, tack them in place, and make them forever.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
View attachment 355911
View attachment 355910
Skipped a few steps on the build and went straight to getting the new rear Titan diff ready for install.
Storytime: I was at the local dealership and noticed a Titan diff sitting on a container. I inquired and found out that back in 2016 or so, someone came in with a faulty rear M226 on their 2012 Titan. They did a warranty, installed a new diff, and within 2,000 km, the customer came back with the same issue. Nissan said "throw in another diff" so the techs did and kept both of old ones. When the customer came back a third time saying they had the same issues, they looked elsewhere and found it was something not diff related. Long story short, I have a perfectly good working diff with around 2,000 km on it.

I added what I like to call a truss, but really, the truss effect is minimal. One thing I really did not enjoy with the last Titan rear diff is that it looked like a toothpick between two 35" tires. I am hoping the truss will make the rear diff "appear" less toothpicky. I also plan to mount my e brake cables to it as the last ones were just held in place using strapping.

I also went with some spring perches from Barnes4wd that will allow me to shift the axle back an inch. I was getting some major rubbing into the fender flares at full stuff so this should solve my problem. I decided to box them in because the last Moreso perches I used ended up getting squished at some point which is very strange. I noticed the Titan ones were boxed in so I replicated that.

The keen eye will notice that there are no shock tabs. I picked up some shock mounts from a F350 that are adjustable with a u-bolt holding them in place. We have a few more suspension changes in mind so the ability to adjust as we go is sweet. Once we find the sweet spot, we can grind off some paint, tack them in place, and make them forever. View attachment 355909
View attachment 355908
Beast of a build. Kudos.

Reactions: Treleaven

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Ordered another fun thing. We have an emblem camera on the truck for when we are cresting hills, or looking at obstacles. After watching all of the new vehicles like Jeeps, Hummer EV, the Rivian, and even the new Frontier with all of their cool cameras, we decided to step up our game.

I ordered a video splitter. The idea is that when I have the front camera on, it will show the video from the grille cam across the top of the screen, as well as 2 side by side video from cameras aimed at the front tires in the lower part of the screen.

Necessary? Not likely. Super stoked to get it all set up? Absolutely!

More suspension progress too. A buddy made me some flat spring perches for 5100s. We just installed some Icon 650 13" coils to replace the FJ Cruiser coils. This setup sits about the same as the FJ Cruiser coils did, but has a higher spring rate, and more room between coils. If we need to raise the lift in the front, we should be able to go up 2 or 3 rings on the 5100s without any coil bind, while still getting the full articulation of our 18.25" coilover.

Tomorrow we are installing the rear bumper and canopy and it will almost be time to take it for a drive. Something we haven't done in several months.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Ordered another fun thing. We have an emblem camera on the truck for when we are cresting hills, or looking at obstacles. After watching all of the new vehicles like Jeeps, Hummer EV, the Rivian, and even the new Frontier with all of their cool cameras, we decided to step up our game.

I ordered a video splitter. The idea is that when I have the front camera on, it will show the video from the grille cam across the top of the screen, as well as 2 side by side video from cameras aimed at the front tires in the lower part of the screen.

Necessary? Not likely. Super stoked to get it all set up? Absolutely!

More suspension progress too. A buddy made me some flat spring perches for 5100s. We just installed some Icon 650 13" coils to replace the FJ Cruiser coils. This setup sits about the same as the FJ Cruiser coils did, but has a higher spring rate, and more room between coils. If we need to raise the lift in the front, we should be able to go up 2 or 3 rings on the 5100s without any coil bind, while still getting the full articulation of our 18.25" coilover.

Tomorrow we are installing the rear bumper and canopy and it will almost be time to take it for a drive. Something we haven't done in several months.
I for one, really wanna see this camera setup. I may want to do something similar, and bonus, get extra footage for the YouTube channel.

Reactions: Treleaven

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I for one, really wanna see this camera setup. I may want to do something similar, and bonus, get extra footage for the YouTube channel.
The only possible issue is that it might not record. My front camera does not have a record option, but my dash cam usb port does. I ordered a rca to usb converter to see if I can make that work. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
So, the RCA to USB converter showed up today and it did not work. You might need to find one specifically for android to make it work.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts