Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Pro4x, Bilstein Tswap, Coastal Bumpers, 35" Milestar Pats
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Newest addon that I am the most excited about. We have a set of Fjallasport Fender Flares from Iceland(fjallasport.is). They look killer on the truck and offer perfect coverage for our current setup. We still need to modify some fender liners so they do not scoop up tonnes of snow and let it freeze, and get some end caps 3d printed to protect the ends that were cut near the front and rear bumpers.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,482 Posts
That looks awesome. Years ago we had a fellow from Iceland on here and they do massive tires with only 2" lift. Another member ordered all the fenders/rims from overseas and then they stopped shipping to the US for a while.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That looks awesome. Years ago we had a fellow from Iceland on here and they do massive tires with only 2" lift. Another member ordered all the fenders/rims from overseas and then they stopped shipping to the US for a while.
Fjallasport has no issues sending to Canada or the US. Arctic Trucks builds trucks so they do not often sell the parts seperately, unless you are tight friends it seems.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,482 Posts
Fjallasport has no issues sending to Canada or the US. Arctic Trucks builds trucks so they do not often sell the parts seperately, unless you are tight friends it seems.
Ah okay - the parts from the past may have been the Arctic Trucks one, then. Whatever - they look awesome on your truck.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ah okay - the parts from the past may have been the Arctic Trucks one, then. Whatever - they look awesome on your truck.
I am like a giddy school girl when I look at the truck right now, hoping that wears off soon.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Newest addon that I am the most excited about. We have a set of Fjallasport Fender Flares from Iceland(fjallasport.is). They look killer on the truck and offer perfect coverage for our current setup. We still need to modify some fender liners so they do not scoop up tonnes of snow and let it freeze, and get some end caps 3d printed to protect the ends that were cut near the front and rear bumpers.

View attachment 341325
That looks so major. Very hardcore and they cover the tires with just the perfect amount of poke. If they were still publishing, you should have been the cover truck for the magazine the second time. Did they come already colour-matched or did you have them sprayed?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
That looks so major. Very hardcore and they cover the tires with just the perfect amount of poke. If they were still publishing, you should have been the cover truck for the magazine the second time. Did they come already colour-matched or did you have them sprayed?
I used the same duplicolor paint that I used to paint my canopy. It's just spray bombed with many coats of clear.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Added a small change to the interior today. Swapped the 4WD switch for one from a 2011 Navara. It is plug and play, but slightly darker orange than the Frontier. Easy fix tho. Just take the back of the Frontier switch off and put it on the Navara switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Added a small change to the interior today. Swapped the 4WD switch for one from a 2011 Navara. It is plug and play, but slightly darker orange than the Frontier. Easy fix tho. Just take the back of the Frontier switch off and put it on the Navara switch.
Now that's cool. I may have to mimic that. Did you have to remove the whole centre stack to swap it out?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Now that's cool. I may have to mimic that. Did you have to remove the whole centre stack to swap it out?
I just had to remove the stereo part. The rest you can do just looking down from the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The coolest thing to happen in this project so far happened this weekend. And buddy helped me install the the "Worlds First" e-locker in a M205. I do not know if it is true, but it sure sounds good. Anyways, we will have a video up in about a week, and details about the locker. The distributor is down for an initial release group buy so I will try to get that all worked out for anyone that is interested. As for the e-locker, it works great so far, as in it functions as it should. The install was fairly easy thanks to the M205 side adjusters, and the kit comes with a pass-through for the wires so it looks super clean.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get it fully wired in(its just temporarily wired right now). My plan is to set it up so it can only be engaged in 4LO. I have done the rear locker mod so I can use it whenever, but I feel like there is not a single situation that I will need the front locker and not be in 4LO, and it would prevent the button from accidentally getting hit and engaging on the highway. I used AirOnBoard locker buttons for the front and rear which are push button, not toggles like the factory rear, so they take little effort to activate.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
The coolest thing to happen in this project so far happened this weekend. And buddy helped me install the the "Worlds First" e-locker in a M205. I do not know if it is true, but it sure sounds good. Anyways, we will have a video up in about a week, and details about the locker. The distributor is down for an initial release group buy so I will try to get that all worked out for anyone that is interested. As for the e-locker, it works great so far, as in it functions as it should. The install was fairly easy thanks to the M205 side adjusters, and the kit comes with a pass-through for the wires so it looks super clean.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get it fully wired in(its just temporarily wired right now). My plan is to set it up so it can only be engaged in 4LO. I have done the rear locker mod so I can use it whenever, but I feel like there is not a single situation that I will need the front locker and not be in 4LO, and it would prevent the button from accidentally getting hit and engaging on the highway. I used AirOnBoard locker buttons for the front and rear which are push button, not toggles like the factory rear, so they take little effort to activate.
Hey, now that's pretty dang cool. Pix or it didnt happen LOL. I for one would like more details, as an M205 swap is in my future plans, for the beefier gears and the easy axle replacement aspects.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hey, now that's pretty dang cool. Pix or it didnt happen LOL. I for one would like more details, as an M205 swap is in my future plans, for the beefier gears and the easy axle replacement aspects.
Even the locker install was miles easier as we just had to drop the diff. No need to take anything else off.

Here is a pic of it inside the M205. We took it out for some more clearancing after this so dont worry about the gear pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Even the locker install was miles easier as we just had to drop the diff. No need to take anything else off.

Here is a pic of it inside the M205. We took it out for some more clearancing after this so dont worry about the gear pattern.
^^ Yeah !!!
If I end up doing one, I'll probably have the whole diff refreshed and the locker put in with new bearings and seals.
Any idea on the cost of the locker unit?

Reactions: Treleaven
41 - 60 of 69 Posts