Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
2006 Nissan Frontier LE CC
Did you end up buying Prinsu roof racks or make your own? I found a thread on tacoma world for the DIY one and i'm ordering supplies here soon!

Registered
2009 Pro4x, Bilstein Tswap, Coastal Bumpers, 35" Milestar Pats
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did you end up buying Prinsu roof racks or make your own? I found a thread on tacoma world for the DIY one and i'm ordering supplies here soon!
We made our own. We used our original mounting locations to mount to and the only downside so far is there isn't enough room between the front fairing and the front support cross bar to mount a light bar stealthily.

Registered
We made our own. We used our original mounting locations to mount to and the only downside so far is there isn't enough room between the front fairing and the front support cross bar to mount a light bar stealthily.
Right on - where did you get your extruded aluminum from? Any photos of the racks?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I got it from Rocky Mountain Motion Control in Delta.

Check out treelovinadventures on instagram for plenty of photos.

Registered
I got it from Rocky Mountain Motion Control in Delta.

Check out treelovinadventures on instagram for plenty of photos.
Any chance you could post a couple photos of how you mounted your custom roof rack to your factory holes? Im removing my factory rack and doing the same - just curious how and what you used to mount it. Would really appreciate it! Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Any chance you could post a couple photos of how you mounted your custom roof rack to your factory holes? Im removing my factory rack and doing the same - just curious how and what you used to mount it. Would really appreciate it! Cheers
Hey fella,

Shoot me a message on instagram and I can send you some. I rarely ever jump onto this.

Registered
Our latest project is a 2009 Pro4X with the ReadyLift SST 2.5" front/ 1.5" rear. It is previously enjoyed with 272,000 km but from what I have read, that is barely broken in. It was well maintained by the 2 previous owners, and it will continue to be well cared for in our hands.

From what I have read, that lift kit is not something the Pro4x enjoys, so we might step it up a notch to keep it level in the rear. The end game goals are a full Titan swap, and hope to swap the engine over as well. As for right now, I have a Jeep for my offroading needs, so we are going to use this for our long distance overlanding trips until the real build begins.

The first things I want to make sure are looked at are the rad/tranny bypass, and enabling the locker in 2WD and 4HI, with a possibly safety net. I plan to ARB the Titan 205, so maybe the rear locker can't be engaged until the OBA is engaged.

I want to keep it on 265/75R16's for now to keep the fuel costs sane, as it is replacing our fuel efficient car. We want to build a rack in the back for our RTT. The question is do we go with steel which allows me to modify it as I go, or get someone to make me one out of aluminum. It is going to mainly see easy going trails like forest service roads, but I want it to be capable so if we do get to a washout, we might not have to turn around. I would really like the bumpers and sliders to be aluminum too, as they will be there as safety nets, and not devices used to bulldoze trees for fun.
I built a rack for mine with the tent, big upgrade from on top of the camper shell making the truck so tall

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I built a rack for mine with the tent, big upgrade from on top of the camper shell making the truck so tall
We started off that way but we like having an annex so we needed it up that high anyways. Now we have a drawer system that is covered with a cooking setup and it's all protected under our canopy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Today we added a sweet new feature for the Overland crowd.

Looking for storage tips and tricks to keep things organized inside.

Plans so far:
Left side drawer is for cooking and kitchen supplies. I would like my stove to sit on the end of the drawer when it's pulled out but we are still toying around with that idea.

Right side is going to be for other camp and wheeling hear that gets regularly used.
The side storage is going to be for stuff that rarely ever gets used.

The back has a compartment just big enough to put my second battery with necessary dual battery pieces, and our air compressor. The air compressor is going to be plummed in with air fittings near the tailgate on each side.

Attachments

Registered
Today we added a sweet new feature for the Overland crowd.

What Brand / model is that?
I have been looking for something like this but I don not want the "Decked" brand.
Where did you get it ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I got it from tre4x4bc.com.

The brand is TRE. They purchased the patents for ARBs design so its essentially a ARB.

They don't have it listed on their website but if you go to their website and message them, and tell them I sent you(treelovin adventures), you will get a discount. Can also use treelovin10 for items on their webpage for a discount.

Cheers

Registered
In have brand-new 6112s in a box waiting for UCAs and time to install. If you get yours before mine are in, please update what you think about the ride quality and handling. I got mine from a private party at a substantial discount from list, so though I wasn't 100% on them, pulled the trigger anyway, couldn't pass on that deal, I could sell for more, tomorrow.
I installed my 6112 last weekend and what a difference! They make it feel like a Cadillac!

Registered
I got it from tre4x4bc.com.

The brand is TRE. They purchased the patents for ARBs design so its essentially a ARB.

They don't have it listed on their website but if you go to their website and message them, and tell them I sent you(treelovin adventures), you will get a discount. Can also use treelovin10 for items on their webpage for a discount.

Cheers
How much did it end up costing you for the drawer system if you don't mind me asking.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
What size snorkel topper is that been looking at them but unsure what size I need have the same snorkel as you
I believe they are 3". They only sell the one size, and then you can get a reducer with it.

I also have a discount with snorkelupgrade.com that will save you some $$$.

Use TREELOVIN15 at checkout

21 - 40 of 69 Posts