Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen numerous posts on this site about programers. My question is what program is the best bang for the buck for the 4.0?
Which one offers the most options and performance.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Well, I have to ask a few questions first:

What programmers have you found for the 4.0?

What features are you actually interested in?

What are you future plans for the truck performance wise?

These are needed for someone to give you useless input.

If you just want the dumb answer, then Superchips is good but can cause massive headaches if you have a slight disconnect while programming. Hypertech is nice but doesn't have as many features. BullyDog is new but hasn't been tested by a larger portion of members to have true un-biased responses. These are also for the simple plug and play.

If you actually plan on doing anything past intake/exhaust, then forget the handheld and go UpRev. Only bad part is that you need a Laptop or access to one to tune it right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for a good performance bump when incorporated with dual exhaust and CAI. I have looked at bullydog, superchips, and hyperteh.
I want to get rid of the WOT and speed limiter. timing advance, and other minor adjustments along with code readers/reset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.