Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2022 S King Cab
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an annoying rattle in the dash behind the head unit that I need to find before I throw a match in the gas tank, lol. The dealer is worthless and claimed they could not reproduce the rattle. It literally does it when it is idling. I took the panel off where the top tray is but didn't see anything obviously loose that would rattle. I know folks have replaced their head unit and put in amps, etc so any expertise is appreciated!

· Registered
559 Posts
I poked around the youtubes and whatnot after seeing this post and came up with nothing. Seems odd figuring the 2022's have been out for ~1.5yrs?

That diagram makes my head hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: GreyFox

· Premium Member
2020 PRO4X
298 Posts
Looking at the service manual, it's fairly similar to the 2nd. It's pretty much just snapped in place, just helps to know where and how to pry. Maybe this will help a little more, they break it down to 5 steps but are fairly vague:

1. Disconnect battery. Refer to Battery Disconnect.
2. Remove cluster cover plate. Refer to Exploded View. (that top tray)
3. Remove cluster lid C. Refer to Removal and Installation.
4. Remove AV control unit bracket screws, then pull out AV control unit.
5. Disconnect harness connectors from AV control unit and remove AV control unit.

Exploded View again:
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Font Art Auto part

Here are the labels:
Font Parallel Number Pattern Symmetry

Before removing Cluster Lid C, you gotta remove Cluster Lid C Lower:
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Number

Then you can remove Cluster Lid C:
Font Parallel Rectangle Paper product Engineering

The brackets it references:
Rectangle Font Parallel Drawing Technical drawing

· Registered
2022 S King Cab
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the service manual, it's fairly similar to the 2nd. It's pretty much just snapped in place, just helps to know where and how to pry. Maybe this will help a little more, they break it down to 5 steps but are fairly vague:

1. Disconnect battery. Refer to Battery Disconnect.
2. Remove cluster cover plate. Refer to Exploded View. (that top tray)
3. Remove cluster lid C. Refer to Removal and Installation.
4. Remove AV control unit bracket screws, then pull out AV control unit.
5. Disconnect harness connectors from AV control unit and remove AV control unit.

Exploded View again:
View attachment 364024

Here are the labels:
View attachment 364025

Before removing Cluster Lid C, you gotta remove Cluster Lid C Lower:
View attachment 364026

Then you can remove Cluster Lid C:
View attachment 364027

The brackets it references:
View attachment 364028
Thanks! that's a big help...

· Registered
559 Posts
I was looking around the dash on my 2022 yesterday and I would have never figured it out had it not been for @estunum posting the above.

Not the nicest setup here IMO. There's no bezel around the head unit. Basically the whole dash has to come apart to pull the HU.

My luck, I go after a rattle in the dash, it's going to be rattling worse by the time I'm done. Could you imagine the average to below average Nissan tech going at this ham fist style for little/no pay (warranty)? Eeek.

• Haha
Reactions: estunum and GreyFox

· Registered
1,483 Posts
My luck, I go after a rattle in the dash, it's going to be rattling worse by the time I'm done. Could you imagine the average to below average Nissan tech going at this ham fist style for little/no pay (warranty)? Eeek.
Ditto and agree (y) :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Thanks for posting this as well (y):love:

Reactions: estunum

· Registered
81 Posts
speedfrk,
How about making a video with sound way up capturing your issue??
The dealer can't dispute that (use there NPF BS) and you can shove it in their face (yes I have a big disdain for the dealer BS with their NPF, hence why I make videos of ever frikkin' thing the POS '22 has, head unit BS, rear windows not working, mysterious warning lights ABS, front collision, traction control, etc. - system malfunction/error, please see dealer)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts