Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a stock 2005 frontier Nismo tire size 265/75/16.
I looked around the web then a couple tire stores, thought I had
found what I want. It came down to General grabber AT2's or BFG T/A's.
I found later that in my size tire the load index is so high these tires
require 80psi. I don't want to run 80lbs of air pressure and don't want to run 40lbs in an 80lb tire. My stock tires are 44psi and ride hard at 40. Ineed a decent tread I don't drive mud holes at all but in Maine we have a long hard winter and I live on a nasty little dirt road. Wrangler Duratracs seem to be the closest to what I want their at 55psi. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Unless you are constantly hauling at the max capacity of the truck, pmetric tires will satisfy every day usage.

you have been browsing the LT tires (light truck) which do not mean mid sized truck, they mean 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton trucks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the yokohoma geolander A/Ts I think they call for higher psi I run em at 35. they ride and look great and so far after two years have good wear. they are a little noisy but their A/Ts so its expected

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have Michelin LTX AT2s and they have been great so far. Not to mention they are super quiet. Excellent wet traction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You for your help, I was indeed looking at LT tires and not pmetric. Most of the tires I've been looking at have the same thing going at this size. I have found that if I go to a 265/70/16 instead of a 75 series I can get the at2's in pmetric and their cheaper. I'd loose about a half inch of clearance I think but I'm not going out in the rough. I could easily go to a less aggressive tire for my needs but I'd loose the cool factor lol. Price for AT2's installed and alligned bout $650.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts