Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to quickly ask what you are averaging on gas mileage if the truck is your daily driver? Right now, I'm averaging around 16mpg - mixed highway/city driving, 2wd only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered how different ours would be because of the skid plate weight, etc.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Not too sure I didn't know the newer ones had beefier plates. I also utilize the cruise control to the mex lol otherwise I know my numbers would be way lower

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, obviously I didn't buy it for the great gas mileage - I've only owned 4cyls before now - but I wondered if there was something I could be doing different.

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
your mileage sounds right for mixed driving. on a slower highway cruise around 55-60 is where they get the best mileage. ive seen 20+ if you can stay in that range.

titan swapped with 285s, bumpers ect high 14s in town and low 16s on the highway.
my raptor is the same lol..... its such a trip.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol. Damn. I know Fords get pretty decent mileage with the Ecoboost. I'm getting what I would have been getting in the Ridgeline I was looking at. And that wasn't even for nearly what I have on this truck and it was only a 3.5 V6.

·
Registered
918 Posts
18.9mpg in the 3 years I've owned it. Its a king cab 6spd, I live in a mountainous region and drive short city trips on week days, highway and offroad on weekends.

Really happy with it, I paid $20k for it so I'm not concerned with the fuel efficiency of $50k+ trucks.

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
Lol. Damn. I know Fords get pretty decent mileage with the Ecoboost. I'm getting what I would have been getting in the Ridgeline I was looking at. And that wasn't even for nearly what I have on this truck and it was only a 3.5 V6.

6.2 NA V8 :nerd:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Old truck 2015 cc p4= mid 17mpg mixed driving (I got 23 on a costal highway in florida)

New truck 2009 cc p4= same

I just ordered a xtp intake manifold spacer... maybe I'll get a bump in mpgs.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a 2016 Pro 4x. A little over 6,600 miles on it. Most of my trips are very short trip 2-4 miles (I live in a small town). I have taken one extended road trip. I averaged a bit over 20 mpg running between 70-75 mph. The majority of mileage is in town.

My in town mileage has had low of 14 and a high of 18.

Life time mpg is 17.6. I track my mileage through fuelly.

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
I put the XPS intake spacer on my 06 Pathy about two years ago. Didn't notice any gas mileage increase, but definitely feels like there is more power in the middle range and I'm thinking it should make it easier to replace spark plugs without removing the upper plenum next time they are due! There are two bolts on the passenger side of the plenum that attach it to a metal bracket. After you install the plenum, the bolts will rest on the top side of the bracket. You "may" need to notch the top of the bracket where the bolts rest to prevent them from pushing the plenum up. I used a 1/4" die grinder with a carbide burr, but a Dremel tool should work just as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm getting 16 mixed.
10 when I tow the camper
My truck is barely warm before I get to work. So that negates the gain from the highway portion.
70 on the flat stretches of highway gets me 20+
If I keep at or around 2500 rpm
On the hilly areas I can get 18-19.
Of course none of that is fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
My last top up: 23.52 MPG.

Majority was highway through the mountains, A/C running, and also two days of short city trips. Wasn't even thinking about fuel economy, just driving it how I want to.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My last top up: 23.52 MPG.

Majority was highway through the mountains, A/C running, and also two days of short city trips. Wasn't even thinking about fuel economy, just driving it how I want to.
Dang man. How is this even possible? That's the best I've heard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts