Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, I know everybody and their brother has them....now on to my question. For those of you who are running them did you have to get hub spacers or anything to get a proper fit on the truck? By the way this is for an '06 Frontier. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was curious how many where running the hub rings. I don't want do anything that will cause long term damage later.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I am running 17" pro comps and did not have to run any spacers. However, my wheels were made probably 2-3 years ago.

As wolfman stated, another guy (5speedfronty) bought some new procomp wheels and had fitment issues. They were rubbing on his front calipers...I'm not sure if procomp changed the design of their newer wheels slightly or what. My pro comp wheels only clear my front calipers by around 1/4". It's a VERY tight fit, but i've never had any rubbing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I am running 17" pro comps and did not have to run any spacers. However, my wheels were made probably 2-3 years ago.

As wolfman stated, another guy (5speedfronty) bought some new procomp wheels and had fitment issues. They were rubbing on his front calipers...I'm not sure if procomp changed the design of their newer wheels slightly or what. My pro comp wheels only clear my front calipers by around 1/4". It's a VERY tight fit, but i've never had any rubbing.
Thanks. I am going to contact Pro Comp and see what they say. Are you running any hub rings?

Response from Pro Comp (took less than 6 hours to get a response. Impressed)
"Thank you for your inquiry on pro comp wheels The 1089-6868 or 1089-7868 wheels will fit on your nissan frontier, thesewheels were made specifically for these vehicles. These wheels are lugcentric, we have been selling these wheels since 2006 for the 2005 and latervehicles."

Decisions decisions on what to put on the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.