Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I work at Costco and thought I'd share that I recently found out that we've signed a deal with Pro Comp. Was told nothing will probably happen for 6 months to a year but we're supposed to start selling wheels, tires and lifts. Hopefully we can get competitive in prices as we seemingly haven't been lately with our tires. We just started carrying Bridgestones again after several years so we're finally starting to get a variety. Just thought I'd share for those interested, I don't know that they make any lifts for our trucks but their wheels, and somewhat tires, are very popular.

·
1,672 Posts
And the card in my wallet says . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . Sam's club . . .CRAP!!

let me look deeper . . . . . . . . . . . dang!!! nuttin!!!!! nothing but a scraggily old Safeways card. CRAP!! :censor::censor:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that mean they will be changing their policy regarding non-oem tire sizes??? That's the only thing that's kept me from buying tires there in the past!

Scott
Yeah, that's the thing I'm not sure of. We're required to stay within 3% of OEM. We used to have a liability waiver the member could fill out so they could go outside those parameters while keeping their warranty just in case of an issue because of the size. I haven't worked in the tire department for about 8 months though so that could've changed. They will sell them to you without a warranty and you can take them somewhere else to get mounted if you want something bigger.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
is this still the case is someone walks in with wheels to get tires?

·
Registered
588 Posts
LOL! I tried that before...tried to bring in a trailer wheel to get a tire for it...they wanted VIN number and everything in order to sell me a tire. After that, I sorta gave up trying to buy tires at Costco...it was just too much effort

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
that sucks... next time I get tires Im going to walk in there and give them a vin to my 55 vw see if they can look that up

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
somewhere in the past they must have gotten their butts sued off. I bought two tires and they HAD to be mounted in the rear or they wouldn't do it at all. I went to BJ's for the other two a few months later and they just asked where to put them.

Clint

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
somewhere in the past they must have gotten their butts sued off.Clint
yeah probably

I just did a little math and a 3% increase from stock on 1st gen's 235/70/15 (diameter: 710.0mm) is roughly only a 255/70/15(diameter: 738.0mm) tire.

LAME!

I'll sign a waiver form anyday

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL! I tried that before...tried to bring in a trailer wheel to get a tire for it...they wanted VIN number and everything in order to sell me a tire. After that, I sorta gave up trying to buy tires at Costco...it was just too much effort
yeah some of our corporate policies kinda suck, can't believe they asked you for a vin number though? that's retarded, we can't do anything with it, we don't have anyway of looking anything up! haha, somebody was just bein a douche to you, I'd complain to a manager. Costco managers will pretty much give you anything to make you happy, just keep complaining. We don't sell trailer tires up here but I've heard some of our midwest warehouses do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.