Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[2012 SV 4x4] Which one is worth the money? Will they work with the stock suspension?

Can I achieve a 2" front/1.5" rear lift with just the bilsteins? I already have them but, I want to make sure I wont need spacers and AALs (or blocks, or shackles) to achieve a mini lift.

Stock front bumper, though I will be installing an aftermarket bumper w/ wench in a few months, a year at most.
Current shocks are blown. I don't know how but, they are. I want to replace the coil springs because I do not know how long this truck has been driven with blown shocks. I'm the second owner, it only has 60k miles and was owned by a very old man.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
the OME and 5100's will allow you to lift the front, the stock pro-4x will need a spacer. For the back, you want the add-a-leaf to do it right, but you could add a block or extended shackle, but they have the rear springs flatten out even faster than they already are.

Also, if you normally drive with your bed empty and don't tow, leveling is ok, but if you plan to off road and carry gear you might want to leave a little rake from back to front so that when the back is loaded it then goes to level or just a bit of front up.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
the Bil 5100 will allow you to lift the front, so will the OME shock/coil setup. The rear needs blocks or extended shackle or AAL.

depending on budget, use & intended length of ownership the rear spring pack will sag even with an AAL.

Personally, I'd put on the Bil at the lowest or 2nd to lowest setting with the OME coil (that will net you 2" -the OME coil is taller) and a block in the rear while you save up for, and decide on either the OME-Dakar rear leaf pack or a custom Alcan (or Deaver) pack. With the custom packs they can give you the lift you want with the cargo capacity you expect to normally use. The OME are a great deal and many are very happy with them. you're looking @ $470 (have to buy bushings) just for the springs. Then you need U-bolts (for any spring) or you might be able to reuse the ones you use from the blocks & cut off the excess thread but I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS. U-bolts are cheap, they strech when torqued down, and your safety is not worth $20-$40 you save by reusing them... but its your truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the Bil 5100 will allow you to lift the front, so will the OME shock/coil setup. The rear needs blocks or extended shackle or AAL.

depending on budget, use & intended length of ownership the rear spring pack will sag even with an AAL.

Personally, I'd put on the Bil at the lowest or 2nd to lowest setting with the OME coil (that will net you 2" -the OME coil is taller) and a block in the rear while you save up for, and decide on either the OME-Dakar rear leaf pack or a custom Alcan (or Deaver) pack. With the custom packs they can give you the lift you want with the cargo capacity you expect to normally use. The OME are a great deal and many are very happy with them. you're looking @ $470 (have to buy bushings) just for the springs. Then you need U-bolts (for any spring) or you might be able to reuse the ones you use from the blocks & cut off the excess thread but I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS. U-bolts are cheap, they strech when torqued down, and your safety is not worth $20-$40 you save by reusing them... but its your truck.
Good stuff! I'll keep all this in mind when I go to purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Good stuff! I'll keep all this in mind when I go to purchase.
just to be clear, I understood that you already have teh OME coils & front Bils. If you still have to buy them, you can swap on your stock coils at the 4th mark for the same lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I'm still on the stock SV setup. I was curious is I should go with EMU or Pro-4X coil springs to replace my worn stock coil springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts