Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm still waiting on my tdi buyback, but 99% sure I've decided to go Frontier and not Titan XD. I know I want the Pro 4x, but where I'm having trouble is the options to pick. Ideally, I'd like the luxury package, but 6spd. Looks like that isn't possible. So I was wondering, has anyone gotten the 6spd and tried to get some individual options(like the leather seats or the roof rack?). Can you even purchase the roof rack through Nissan's parts department? I love all the luxury package options, but really, really want to keep a stick shift.

My current daily driver...

·
Registered
955 Posts
The factory "leather" seats are just cheap pleather. If you want leather, go aftermarket upholstery.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've owned a 09' Pro 4x with leather seat for 5 yrs and they held up extremely well. The seats are very comfortable great for long hauls. I've also had 14'15'16' and now in a 17' Pro 4x with all options and all have been great trucks. I'm an older gent. and drove big rigs for 18 yrs so I'm done with shifting, happy with the automatic even though in this day and age the 6sp is a great theft deterrent factor.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Roof rack can be gotten afterwards either an OEM unit or aftermarket. It's a big ding to MPG and it can only hold 100-125lbs despite its large appearance.

nissan doesn't "let" you buy individual options, just packages. If you want a stick, it'll be real hard unless you find a large dealer that is willing to place a special order for you, and that's no guarantee they'll be able to get it filled by nissan.

If your biggest want is stick, you may have to take what they can get their hands on, then add the options yourself (leather seats, cam, heated seats, ...)
The big draw for the Pro4X is the locking diff. If you don't offroad I'd look to doing an SV with VTP (value package) and get the remaining things you want yourself

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2012 SV CC with the sport value package. 4x4, utilitrack, etc.. my recommendation would be to get the Pro4X. The upgraded suspension, leather seats, locking diff., stereo, etc. easily make up the difference in cost.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Wow, P4X w/ auto trans + Luxury Package is $3k more than a 6-sp P4X. Bummer that LP isn't even an option w/ 6-sp.

(Was truly hoping that the LP would just come w/ a 6-sp P4X...like the VTP comes w/ the 6-sp in SV trim level.)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My uncle actually owns a dealership, so maybe we can try to order something different... I'll play with the builder on the SV trim though, I didn't even look into those. The locking diff would be nice, but I'm not a huge off roader, I've only ever had lowered VW's haha.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Forget the builder at nissanusa.com. Go to:

https://ppg.nissanproduct.info/

I'll spare you my horror of 2 years ago...but the link above straightened it all out.

EDIT: I see one can get a 6-sp SV CC 4x4 w/ an optional Moonroof. ALL the VTP items are standard equipment.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've owned a '15 P4X w/luxury package, and now a '16 w/o it. I wouldn't ever use the roof rack and I didn't use the sunroof. I've grown to prefer the look of the "naked" roof.

As others have said, if a manual trans is your biggest priority, you're stuck. My factory leather seats held up ok, but the dog managed to tear a piece. Seat covers came, defeating the purpose. The sun/moon roof is something I didn't care about, and the roof rack is useless for me (unless using a ski box). I'm tossing a set of coverking seat covers in my new one and not looking back. Aftermarket is the way to go for a "nice(r)" seating surface.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info! I love having a sunroof, but if it meant auto I think I could live without. Looking through that nissanproduct site it looks like really all I wont get is the roofrack, sunroof and leather... dropping down to the sv really just looks like you lose the diff. Looking at pics too, the pro4x cloth looks nicer than the sv. I think I'm sold on just dealing with no sunroof or leather, I'll add a rack if I want later

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Thanks for all the info! I love having a sunroof, but if it meant auto I think I could live without. Looking through that nissanproduct site it looks like really all I wont get is the roofrack, sunroof and leather... dropping down to the sv really just looks like you lose the diff. Looking at pics too, the pro4x cloth looks nicer than the sv. I think I'm sold on just dealing with no sunroof or leather, I'll add a rack if I want later
IFF cost is not a (huge) factor, then By ALL MEANS...go Pro4X = the flagship of the Frontier line.

If planning to build your 6-sp truck into a more competent offroader, then an SV will save money (~$2600 when comparing MSRPs) upfront that can then be used for aftermarket parts. Think suspension improvement, armor improvement, tire improvement, locker(?), etc... OTOH, if going to be building an offroader, you might want to consider an auto trans.

In my mind, the more important differences b/tw SV and P4X are creature comforts. The adjustable seats in the P4X look mighty nice.

For me and my needs as a non-offroader/street truck...it revolved around a 6' bed & 6-sp. I HAD to factory order...which resulted in an 18 week wait to take delivery. So, be prepared for some kind of a wait should you choose/need to go this direction.

As it turned out, '15 was the last year to get a KC 6-sp. Had I waited another year = would've been severely disappointed.

Bottom line: if you know you can get what you want/need this model year...then go for it. Cuz it may not be in the cards the following model year.
Manual transmissions will be gone for good someday. :serious:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had to go 82 miles to get my '17 SV CC SB v6/6M truck...if I wanted a P4x I would have had to travel between 160 - 210 miles to find a manual so I went with the '17 SV since I've figured I'd upgrade it on my own anyway!

The manual was a must for the truck��

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IFF cost is not a (huge) factor, then By ALL MEANS...go Pro4X = the flagship of the Frontier line.

If planning to build your 6-sp truck into a more competent offroader, then an SV will save money (~$2600 when comparing MSRPs) upfront that can then be used for aftermarket parts. Think suspension improvement, armor improvement, tire improvement, locker(?), etc... OTOH, if going to be building an offroader, you might want to consider an auto trans.

In my mind, the more important differences b/tw SV and P4X are creature comforts. The adjustable seats in the P4X look mighty nice.

For me and my needs as a non-offroader/street truck...it revolved around a 6' bed & 6-sp. I HAD to factory order...which resulted in an 18 week wait to take delivery. So, be prepared for some kind of a wait should you choose/need to go this direction.

As it turned out, '15 was the last year to get a KC 6-sp. Had I waited another year = would've been severely disappointed.

Bottom line: if you know you can get what you want/need this model year...then go for it. Cuz it may not be in the cards the following model year.
Manual transmissions will be gone for good someday. :serious:
I don't plan to go too crazy with mods, but definitely want all the options the pro4x has. Talking with my uncle last night, he swears that we'll be able to order a 6spd luxury package, so we'll see. As soon as I get my offer letter from VW, we'll be putting in an order. He said it'll take about 90 days. Just need to figure out if I want forged copper or gun metallic...

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
I don't plan to go too crazy with mods, but definitely want all the options the pro4x has. Talking with my uncle last night, he swears that we'll be able to order a 6spd luxury package, so we'll see. As soon as I get my offer letter from VW, we'll be putting in an order. He said it'll take about 90 days. Just need to figure out if I want forged copper or gun metallic...
Don't count on 90 days...just hoping your Uncle is right about all of it, of course. Gun Metallic FTW!!

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
I'm tempted to just order it now, but need to get the offer letter and golf turned in for my down payment.

I do have a thing for gray cars...
Sure wish they had Gun Metallic in '15, but I dig my silver.
Good luck w/ it all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts