Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: The search feature sucks, so if you're looking for some of my other threads here they are
Projector Build Thread
V-LEDS Dome Lights
OTRATTW Switches
Brake MC Brace
Truck Build
TNX Build
New Rigid LEDs
Headlights w/Keyless Entry
Round 3 Projector Build Thread
x_mods Bumpers and Sliders
2WD to 4WD Conversion (Complete)

JeniorNV's thread to end all threads: Suspension Lift Info 05+05+[/URL]

EDIT: All you need to get for the 5 switch PRO-4X cluster is part number ZL45C: List $106.93, Net $78.00. It only comes in Charcoal, and is a slightly different shape from the 05-08 Frontiers. It should fit with no problem on any PRO-4X. Be careful when removing the cigarette lighter cover, it retains the lighter itself and is pretty fragile.

Hey guys,

I think I have this in the right section. I am looking for some PRO-4X help; I have a 10' PRO-4X 2wd with leather and I am looking to get the lower dash switch panel with the 5 switches, like in a 4wd.

My question is if the guys with the 4wd PRO-4X's with cloth seats have the 5 or 3 switch panel?

Here is what the 3 switch panel looks like, this is like mine except mine has two for the heated seats and one for the VDC

And this is the part by it's self

This is the one I am looking for

All these pictures are from google, since it's too dark to get good pics of my truck right now.

The whole reason I ask is because I want the Charcoal so the color matches, and a VIN off of a truck with the panel in Charcoal will get me exactly what I want. Maybe the graphite is the same?

If the cloth seat version comes with the 5 panel, I can take a trip over the mountain to a dealer in town with a PRO-4X 4wd cloth, and get the VIN.

So if anyone can help me, that would be great! I have a feeling that the 5 panel only comes with leather though :comphead:

If anyone with a PRO-4X 4wd with charcoal leather wants to help me, send me a pm :)

Last Updated: 09/16/2012, 10:08 PM HST

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
The pics in the parts system we use at the dealerships are a bit vauge but I belive the switch panel comes separate from the lower cluster.

With and without the vin# the 3 hole switch panel part number is the same, and the system only needed the year to give me a part# of 25412-EA200.

Going off of this I belive that charcoal is the only color offered dash panel wise for the Pro-4X's and that the part # for the five switch panel is 25412-ZL45A.

I hpoe this helps.

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks guys! I had a feeling that the cloth seats used the 3 switch panel, but now I know and I don't have to waste $20+ in gas to drive to town.

The pics in the parts system we use at the dealerships are a bit vauge but I belive the switch panel comes separate from the lower cluster.

With and without the vin# the 3 hole switch panel part number is the same, and the system only needed the year to give me a part# of 25412-EA200.

Going off of this I belive that charcoal is the only color offered dash panel wise for the Pro-4X's and that the part # for the five switch panel is 25412-ZL45A.

I hpoe this helps.
That does help! I thought that Charcoal was the only PRO-4X color, but I was not sure. The part number for the 5 switch panel you gave me is for the back piece, I will need that one and the lower console. The lower console is like the trim piece for the switches, it is cut for either 3 or 5 switches, but if Charcoal is the only color I can just call my parts guy and tell him a 2010 PRO-4X 4wd with leather and he should be able to get the part number.

This is the type of part 25412-ZL45A is:

It screws to the back of this part to hold the switches in place.

I'll call my guy and ask for 25412-ZL45A and the lower dash panel.

Thanks again guys!

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

I only see four cutouts for the switches pictured in the ZL45A. I don't think it matches the lower panel as pictured. Did you ever confirm?
I couldn't get a good picture of the actual switch bracket, so that is a different part number. I did order the bracket from a 2010 PRO-4X 4wd w/leather; I figure if it has 5 switch cutouts, then the matching trim piece should.. And the bracket is only $10.

my 2007 LE has the five switches - and is grey.
I think the 09+ has a slightly different shaped center dash, but not sure. What switches did it come with? heated seats, vdc, hill decent?

·
Registered
643 Posts
subscribed to this. I need more slots for my [future] aux lights

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thought I'd update yall, I ordered the back plate, since it was only $10, to see if it was the right one. It was not, but that was Nissan's fault, they mixed up a number of part numbers on the parts diagram. The part that the diagram said would fit was the bracket that holds the airbag light or something.. I took some part numbers I found on my own and the couple from this thread, and my parts guy did some research, we both had one number that overlapped. He called someone in California and got a pic of one and it was right! So I ordered it, it should be in Thursday. Hopefully its the right one and I can give you guys the correct part numbers :)

Also found out my Nissan parts guy used TheNewX to get most of his info! He said it is a good resource to find these types of part numbers for Xterras and frontiers. Maybe I should have tried searching there first...

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The parts are here!!!!

Ok guys,

After a few long hours in the dealership working with Ed, my parts guy, we managed to come up with a few part numbers. Since I had spent so much time there just looking at websites, forums, and parts diagrams, I just told Ed to order the two numbers we had both come up with..

He ordered part # 25412-ZL45A that Shift_Decimate suggested (thanks, by the way!) and that TheNewX had suggested. We also ordered part # 68245-ZL45C that TheNewX recommended..

Everything came in today! The parts are the right ones! The only thing is that ZL45A came with ZL45C, so now I have two ZL45A's, but I don't care.. The color matches and the shape matches! In just a little bit, I will be trying to get everything working, good timing since last night my reverse camera went on the fritz..

ZL45A Is the little switch bracket, and ZL45C is the whole big trim piece that came with a bracket installed. As soon as I find where I put the bill, I'll let you guys know the prices. On a side note, The bracket (ZL45A) is not needed for aftermarket switches, just for the stock switches, I didn't use it for mine.

EDIT: The list price for ZL45C is $106.93, ZL45A is 38.95. The Net is $78 & $28.82, my parts guy always just charges me the net so I paid $106.82, but of course, now I know I didn't need ZL45A since it comes with ZL45C and it's not needed for after market switches. O well..

I'll update once I have everything installed!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Thats really going to look cool!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Where did you get those switches?

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They're in! And it was not easy..

I ended up having to remove the entire center console, and most of the lower dash and glove box..

While I was at it I cleaned up some wires..

Moved the VDC switch so I could have all 5 acc switches by each other.

The gaping hole is where I am going to relocate my vac gauge to!

The switches don't work yet, I am waiting on the new trailer brake harness because I didn't want to chop up my old one for the vac gauge.

·
Registered
643 Posts
those are nice

·
Registered
57 Posts
Man those look sick.

i currently have a 2wd and that lower panel only has VDC switch on it. i want to grab the lower panel that has a pocket where i can store items in and move my VDC switch to where you put it.

Where's the best place to find the lower panel part?

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, TheNewX had a lot of great info!

But I'm not sure that I have ever seen the pocket in a 2009+ truck. I know the shape of the PRO-4X dash is different than the 2005 LE dash, because my friend compared my new switch panel with his and they do not match. If you have an 05-08, I might be able to get the part number off of my friends LE that only has the pocket?

What year/trim is your truck?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts