Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost pulled the plug and purchased a Pro 4x. My wife had a concern with the dark interior colors (black dash and the graphite steel cloth seats). We live in Arizona half the year in the desert and half the year up on the Rim (500'+ feet). Her concern is the interior will get/stay too hot. She prefers the grey interior of the SV. I told her that Toyota Tacoma and the GMC twins all have dark/black interiors. So do many other newer models cars. Seems it is the trend.

For those who have the Pro 4x with the graphite (black) interior. How do you like it for comfort during the summer months.? Has the dash held up in the heat of summer?

For me, since it is cloth seats I would mitigate with purchasing some good seat covers and a dash mat in grey.

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
My silver SV came with a graphite interior. As a work truck I can't say I found it an issue when parking outside during the Summer months.

Though it costs a bit more, ceramic tint is supposed to reflect more 'heat' than regular tint...should you be tinting your windows. I just recently had this done, so I can't report much due to late Autumn temps.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I only get 2 months of 90s up here in Spokaloo . I have the grey interior but my ext paint is white which surely keeps it cooler . I consider my truck to be way cooler inside when sitting than the wifes Blubaru. I use a reflective windshield sun cover and have tinted side glass. I have had no issues with fading or cracking. No excuses now, GO GET IT!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the trend that is out there with dark interior colors, guess it is what it is. It would be nice if there was a few more choices. Right now the Pro 4x is limited in numbers in the Phoenix area. I am wanting one without the lux package. Might have to just do a factory order.

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
231 Posts
I found one I liked on the Nissan site, it was 1/2 way across the state and my local dealer picked it up for me and delivered it for free.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think a light exterior color may be more important than the upholstery color in summer. My truck is silver with graphite colored interior which seems no problem in summer. Granted Oregon isn't Arizona but in this part of Oregon we do have quite a few days each summer that are over 100 degrees. Window tint would help.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think a light exterior color may be more important than the upholstery color in summer. My truck is silver with graphite colored interior which seems no problem in summer. Granted Oregon isn't Arizona but in this part of Oregon we do have quite a few days each summer that are over 100 degrees. Window tint would help.
I agree. My choice of exterior is the white or silver. I have always used a dashmat to help protect the dash area. Reflective sun screen for the windshield is a must in AZ.

One dealer found a Pro that meets my requirements. It was a 2016 in New Mexico. The dealer wanted me to pay the shipping (around $800-$1000). I declined. Said it would be cheaper for me to deal with the dealer in NM and fly to Albuquerque from Phoenix and get the truck.

It is a waiting game for me now. The 2017's are starting to show up in Arizona. Mostly SV models.

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
Silver looks pretty clean even when 'street' dirty. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
My '15 SV is silver with the darker interior, I have 20% tint all around including over the factory tinted glass in the rear, I use a dashmat cover and sunshade. It's still going to get hot, no matter what. My last pickup was dark blue with medium grey interior, tint, dash mat, etc., were all used, I don't notice much of a difference in interior temp, being in Colo., it's not uncommon to get many days 90 deg. plus and a few 100's. When possible I try to park in the shade during the day as well.

Silver looks does look pretty clean, but godforbid you get a scratch, it shows up as fast as white, water spotting seems to show up fast as well. I have a detail shop I deal with, get mine clay barred and waxed twice a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts