Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 NISMO, but would like to upgrade to the new pro4x emblem....any ideas where I can get one? Tried Ebay...none there.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Try the dealer?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to avoid the dealer, the prices are incredible. You can buy the Nismo emblems for cheap just about anywhere.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'd like to get Nismo or Pro4x or just a 4x4 sticker back there. I don't like the way it looks plan.

How much have you seen the Nismo stickers for? I've seen them for about $20 a side, and I don't want to pay that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is what I am seeing the NISMO stickers for as well. Tell you what, If I can get the Pro4x emblem, I wold be happy to get you the 4x4 on the rear of my truck.

I would gladly pay 20 for each side....I have seen a rear emblem on some of the Titans that takes the place of the simple 4x4 on the rear of mine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I used the "4x4 Off-Road" sticker from the '06 Titan on my '08 Frontier. I like it because it took the huge sea of white that made my IMO long-bed look plain and boring compared to some of the Tacoma's and Colorado's I've seen. Anyway they cost me $37/ ea at my local Nissan dealer. I actually had to buy an extra because I screwed one up installing it and got an air bubble behind it and couldn't get it out. Anyway heres what it looks like on the truck.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
ok - gonna give my opinion, so take it or not:

why do you want to badge your truck for something it isn't :confused:

a neighbor of mine has a silver Nismo CC and think the emblems & stickers look cool on his truck!

i had an '07 Charger R/T and a guy in work had the 6 cylinder and wanted my help in up-badging his to an R/T but i told him anyone that had a Charger would instantly see that it was a fake R/T when they saw the single pipe out the rear !!

i can understand putting 4X4 OFF-ROAD decals on the rear quarters but BE PROUD OF YOUR NISMO !

GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my NISMO. From my understanding, Nissan just changed the name from NISMO to Pro4x to get brand continuity between the Titan and the Fronty. having the NISMO decal dates the truck IMO as they are no longer being sold. 2008=NISMO, 2009=Pro4x. They are the same truck, so I am not trying to be something I'm not.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Here's my $0.02. You're right, they don't make the NISMO anymore, now it is the PRO4X.

NISMO = unique -- nissan motorsports
PRO4X = trying to be like ford/chevy/dodge (imo)

In the end, it is yours to do with as you like and if it matters to you then you should make the change.

I like that my '05 Nismo looks as good as a '08 Nismo. I also like that mine came without the 4X4 plastered everywhere. Unless you look under the front or check the dash, there is nothing "saying" it is a 4x4. Sometimes it isn't a bad thing not to advertise.

I will leave you with this thought. If you rebadge to a PRO4X, will the chances of having theft increase as the thought will also be that it is a newer vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my NISMO. From my understanding, Nissan just changed the name from NISMO to Pro4x to get brand continuity between the Titan and the Fronty. having the NISMO decal dates the truck IMO as they are no longer being sold. 2008=NISMO, 2009=Pro4x. They are the same truck, so I am not trying to be something I'm not.
But your truck IS a Nismo, not a Pro-4X.
If asked would you say it's a newer year also?

Clint

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
however..............

if you want to be anal about, it my front vanity plate is TECHNICALLY a Ford logo (PA only requires a rear state issued plate) but i bought it because i think it goes with the black of my truck & the PRO-4X logos on the rear quarters

Attachments

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
a while back Newman had custom ones made up NISMO sport, with the work I had done to my truck felt fitting to brand it something like that because it was so far from the stock SE it stated life as. to me nismo has always been Nissan's motorsports/performance side. Hence why I branded my truck that. to each their own its YOUR truck

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Here's my $0.02. You're right, they don't make the NISMO anymore, now it is the PRO4X.

NISMO = unique -- nissan motorsports
PRO4X = trying to be like ford/chevy/dodge (imo)

In the end, it is yours to do with as you like and if it matters to you then you should make the change.

I like that my '05 Nismo looks as good as a '08 Nismo. I also like that mine came without the 4X4 plastered everywhere. Unless you look under the front or check the dash, there is nothing "saying" it is a 4x4. Sometimes it isn't a bad thing not to advertise.

I will leave you with this thought. If you rebadge to a PRO4X, will the chances of having theft increase as the thought will also be that it is a newer vehicle?
One major reason I wanted the 4x4 stickers for the side of my Frontier is the snow areas near me have chain control for "non-4WD" vehicles. Before I had the stickers the chain control would always have to ask me if my truck was 4WD. For some reason stock 4x4 Frontiers without a lift look like a typical 2WD truck because they sit so low from the factory. Now they just give me a wave on through.

There is a purpose for having those stickers there it's not an advertising thing. But since you went there with your statement I do kinda like to brag that I've got a 4x4 seeing that it increased the cost of my truck by almost $4K so why not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some valid points made...not trying to make the truck something it is not. Right now I don't have the NISMO decals on the bed because I had some hail damage repaired that required their removal, I never had them put back on because I thought the truck would look better w/o them. Where I live people don't have a clue what the heck NISMO is, so I thought that rather than answer questions out at the sand pit I would just leave it as as a simple 4x4. Then then the Pro4x came out and I felt a little cheated. I have the last year of the NISMO, and the Pro4x has better recognition on the street and at the pit. Should I give a crap? prolly no...but part of me does.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm with Irongrave. I have always wanted Nismo or 4x4 stickers. Todd's truck has 4x4 sticker on the back of it that is not stock, and I think it looks great.

I am getting stickers for mine, don't really care if its a fake or not. I have done my few mods myself, with my tools, in my garage and I'm learning a lot about Nissan. I was a Ranger, then a Taco guy, and now love my Nissan.

My reason to do it is to support Nissan, Nissan Offroad and Nissan Performance.

Thanks for that link Mike, I wish Nissan had a variety of stickers like that for the back. I would get the TRD ones with the mountains behind them, looks sweet. Link em up if you find 4x4 stickers!

Same truck as mine and I agree 100% our trucks come stock low to the ground. Agreed that it looks better when you have a CC LWB truck.

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Some valid points made...not trying to make the truck something it is not. Right now I don't have the NISMO decals on the bed because I had some hail damage repaired that required their removal, I never had them put back on because I thought the truck would look better w/o them. Where I live people don't have a clue what the heck NISMO is, so I thought that rather than answer questions out at the sand pit I would just leave it as as a simple 4x4. Then then the Pro4x came out and I felt a little cheated. I have the last year of the NISMO, and the Pro4x has better recognition on the street and at the pit. Should I give a crap? prolly no...but part of me does.
I've always liked the look of the NISMO stickers and prefer them to the
Pro-4X.

Clint

1 - 20 of 32 Posts