Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search feature is not my friend today...

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a Pro 4x but am having trouble finding the real differences between recent model years. I'd like to get newer to have the warranty but if I can save 3-5K and purchase an aftermarket warranty from a local wrench I trust for <2K and still get all the features then I could just do that. Cargurus.com has a few single owner, clean carfax models for 22-24K with low mileage.

I'm looking specifically for the optioned up model with roof rack and leather.

So over the course of 2013 to 2019, what items were added/updated? Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mechanically, I don't think there have been any changes. Only cosmetic ones, such as the aforementioned grab handle and door handles, and I think different colors were available in other years.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Only changes that i know for sure of starting in 2018 was the door handles are no longer body colored and drivers side grab handle is gone.
Is that on lower trims? I have a 2018 pro 4x and it has both those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
I believe '15 was the last year one could get the 6-sp manual in the P4X King Cab...same for King Cab SVs.

In the past I've used nissanproduct.info as a convenient way to learn a lot about our trucks. Very easy to see/compare option packages from year to year going back to '10. But, I'm now getting a warning that it is a questionable website, so...view at your own risk.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You have to get the Pro-4x with luxury package for leather and roof rack and with that you also get the moon roof.
Only difference in the years are the radio/infotainment , back up sensors , and apparently per the posts above grab handle , oh and the pro-4x stickers and rims/tires,

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
You have to get the Pro-4x with luxury package for leather and roof rack and with that you also get the moon roof.
Only difference in the years are the radio/infotainment , back up sensors , and apparently per the posts above grab handle , oh and the pro-4x stickers and rims/tires,
I,don't think so
I have a 2016 Pro4x non Leather no Roof rack or Sunroof I have both handles
It is possible they made some that way for a reason

·
Registered
714 Posts
2016 pro4x with lux package and both sides have (OH ****!) grab bars :)

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Apparently some 2018s have the driver handle. My 2018 P4X CC doesn't have one, but the part is available.
I would compare build dates on the '18s.... its possible the early built trucks got the handles and as the supply of interior parts or cabs with the proper mounting holes ran out, they swapped to the no grab handle unit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well I dunno..damn parts catalog is confusing. Pretty sure I seen on here before that the A-Pillar was changed mid cycle of 2017 and even some 2017's don't even have the grab handle. wanted to clear up if there is some confusion between the A-pillar grab handle and the headliner grab handle.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Why do you need a driver side grab bar? You have a Driver's Side Wheel, which is a circular grab bar! I got my 2019 Pro-4x for $30k drive out including TT&L with 6 spd manual. Not the Luxury package but 6,300 off MSRP
This is a good reason to use it lol lol

If I recall this is a Frontier Club member and he stated he sold it but that is a good 11" Lift you Def need that Grab bar

·
Registered
37 Posts
2017 pro4x Lux package and no driver grab handle, also the upper plastic trims are tan instead of grey. Kind of want to buy the grey trim and ad it and a grab handle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
14 Participants
stevecoscia
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing