Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have had my 2018 Fronty CC Pro-4X for 2 years now and I am looking at doing a little custom work.
I am looking at doing the Calmini 2" shackle lift, since it seems to be the only one I can find that doesn't explicitly say that it will not work with the PRO-4X models.
Has anyone here installed this lift on a 4X? Will I also need to add a leaf to the back or re-arc my leafs to bring it back to square?

Also on my shopping list is the K&N cold air intake kit and maybe some kind of exhaust to let her breather a little better.
But those will come another day

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey guys, I have had my 2018 Fronty CC Pro-4X for 2 years now and I am looking at doing a little custom work.
I am looking at doing the Calmini 2" shackle lift, since it seems to be the only one I can find that doesn't explicitly say that it will not work with the PRO-4X models.
Has anyone here installed this lift on a 4X? Will I also need to add a leaf to the back or re-arc my leafs to bring it back to square?

Also on my shopping list is the K&N cold air intake kit and maybe some kind of exhaust to let her breather a little better.
But those will come another day
Not quite sure what the end goal is for you..Shackles lift the rear of the leaf spring...I am guessing you mean a 2" coil spacer lift for the front coilovers and a shackle lift for the rear (leaf springs).
Like this one:
Anyway you may want to avoid Calmini as there have been problems reported here on the CF forum about orders being placed and not being shipped for weeks/months.
You should read the suspension sticky here on the forum:
Then:
I would recommend calling nisstec on the telephone and tell them what you want lift height , budget $.$$, ect... and they can help you out.

Or you could try calling PRG and talk to Greg if he answers the phone he will talk your ear off (in a good way) about lifts. But normally he is super busy and sometimes dosnt answer the phone.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I ordered a bracket from calmini and even after 5 or 6 calls, each time them saying thwy were going out that fri, they didnt ship for 6 months.
They also refused to cancel & refund. Yes, they took the money the day order was placed.
Call nisstec or prg.
Any lift that fits any 2nd gen will fit your p4x

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
The 1.5" spacer from PRG in the front is a much better option. Gives you more usable suspension travel with no coil bucket contact, and shock crush. This levels out the truck and you can just leave the rear as is.

Next get an intake manifold spacer and do the deck plate airbox mod.

·
Registered
329 Posts
As previously mentioned stay away from the Calmini. Bad business practices and worse customer service.

As Nissan4Life stated, try this.

Most lifts say they don't work with the pro4x because they don't want you to have coil bucket contact,

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Structure wise there is no difference between any of the trims. The p4x has a slightly higher springweight. Its increased height on the spreadsheet is from tires.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I’ve heard some of the stories about Calmini, not answering calls/emails, sending incomplete kits and then taking months to send that last item etc.. PRG isn’t much better, granted it’s a one man show over there you can still go weeks/months over expected ship date without so much as a peep from Greg. PRG probably does have the best quality items out of everyone that develops aftermarket parts for our trucks. I’d recommend purchasing the items here:

Granted it will run you like $10 more than ordering directly through PRG, but at least you’ll get your parts before your grandchildren have grandchildren. They’ll also answer calls/email almost immediately if you have any questions about installation or fitment. Plus your still supporting Greg & PRG since they’re just middle manning those items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I’ve heard some of the stories about Calmini, not answering calls/emails, sending incomplete kits and then taking months to send that last item etc.. PRG isn’t much better, granted it’s a one man show over there you can still go weeks/months over expected ship date without so much as a peep from Greg. PRG probably does have the best quality items out of everyone that develops aftermarket parts for our trucks. I’d recommend purchasing the items here:

Granted it will run you like $10 more than ordering directly through PRG, but at least you’ll get your parts before your grandchildren have grandchildren. They’ll also answer calls/email almost immediately if you have any questions about installation or fitment. Plus your still supporting Greg & PRG since they’re just middle manning those items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My dislike with Calmini is because they lied month after month, and refused to refund me after 6 months. I will grant them that the LAST time I called them that the owner spoke to me and said they sacked the old customer support mgr, but still wouldn't refund me and tried to blame me for his personnel problems.
Greg on teh other hand, has always been great. longest I've waited for something was 2 weeks. Most recently was for degree shims as I was trying to dial out a vibe in my xterra driveshaft/axle. Most of the folk that have had a poor experience with Greg either only emailed him (or never followed up), or he was waiting for parts from someone else. I had an issue with Nisstec on one order because they were promised components so they could assemble/rebuild some shocks for me. They were honest with me and I don't hold them for another's fault. Nisstec has also always done right by me.

Calmini has a huge ego and nissan is a small community to them. Calmini even said to me "... where else are you going to get this bracket?! I'm the only one that makes it..." It's called a welder. If I have to wait 6+ months I'll figure something out...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads-up guys, I am now leaning toward the Nisstec 2" spacer kit with UCA and AAL.
I am filling out my account info and it looks like they do not ship to Canada or at least let you set your address to Canada. Any Canadians ordered their products?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up guys, I am now leaning toward the Nisstec 2" spacer kit with UCA and AAL.
I am filling out my account info and it looks like they do not ship to Canada or at least let you set your address to Canada. Any Canadians ordered their products?
If you find out if they ship to Canada let us know here. I've been looking at the lifts too.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Calmini has had a reputation with rude customer service and shipping issues. I've never used Nisstec but have heard good reviews. 4x4parts.com is another good vendor to deal with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
K&N, I went down that road once. It has the oiled cotton air cleaner that is reuseable?

The issue is that when you hold the filter element up to the light you can see big holes. What does this mean? It means big chunks of dirt pass through.

#2 problem: you are introducing oil (from the filter) into your intake which houses sensors that can be ruined by oil (at least their function is diminished).
Paper filters are very good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts