Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I am looking to buy a new 2009 Frontier.. Crew Cab, either Pro4 or LE.
I would like to know what others paid for an 09 Frontier in NEw England area.
Right now I have 3 offers I am looking at:
1. 2009 LE (leather, Tech, VE package, no Tow) long bed, Auto for $26,700 MSRP-$32,140; Invoice $29,800
2. 2009 Pro 4X (leather, Tech, Tow) - $26,700 MSRP-$32,250; Invoice $29,875
3. 2009 LE (leather, tech, short bed, Tow) -$25,800 (Managers Demo model, with 900 miles on it. MSRP-$32,290; Invoice-$29,900

All of the above are 4x4. Maybe able to knock down a few hundred...

Anyone got a better deal?

Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well, not quite apples to apples but I bought my brand new 09 SE CC 4x4 with VTP and wheel locks for $22,400 out the door.

Your on the east coast where vehicles appear to sell a little cheaper. Economy blows right now and new vehicles are collecting dust. I would think you could knock off at least a grand or two....

·
Registered
535 Posts
When I got mine back in 2005 I got it for $26,500 out the door. That was for a then brand new cc LE 4x4. No leather though. The sticker was $29,800. I would research the current market values on edmunds. You're probably right in the range I would guess. Seems like a good deal but like the others said the market sucks right now and you could probably knock some off of that. Get them counterbidding against eachother. Tell them the dealer X just said they would give me this one for $x dollarsand dealer y said $x dollars, can you beat them? You should find out which one is the most desperate. Good luck.

·
Registered
570 Posts
"Right now I have 3 offers I am looking at:"
No, no, no-you've got this all wrong. They should be looking at your offers, not the other way around!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Right now I have 3 offers I am looking at:"
No, no, no-you've got this all wrong. They should be looking at your offers, not the other way around!
Well, they do't know I am in the market, until I show up at the door.
But I doesn't seem like they want to do business much on these trucks. They are wicked scarce around here. Few SE out there, some dealers don't have any at all. ONly found 2 PRO 4s and 2 LEs anywhere around Boston...

They say Nissan didn't make enough of them this year.. Plus, MA tax is going up by 1.25% at the end of the month..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, they do't know I am in the market, until I show up at the door.
But I doesn't seem like they want to do business much on these trucks. They are wicked scarce around here. Few SE out there, some dealers don't have any at all. ONly found 2 PRO 4s and 2 LEs anywhere around Boston...

They say Nissan didn't make enough of them this year.. Plus, MA tax is going up by 1.25% at the end of the month..
Yep, your right. The 4 closest dealership to me don't carry any LE's or PRO 4s. Each dealership just told me that they were too expensive to sell. That most people would move up to to a Titan or something else full size before they dish out $27,000. Which makes sense.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm in CT. When I was shopping for a Tacoma / Frontier I did notice the dealers were willing to deal. Especially Toyota on SR5s because their lots had so many of them...

I am in a weird situation as I purchased a 2007 left over in May. I got it at a good price and it had about 230 miles. But if the demo you are looking at has 900 I would pass on that one for sure. I don't trust demos, even with mine having 230 when I bought it i was skeptical... but it turned out fine. But 900 is a bit much and knowing how those guys drive demos (total abuse), i'd stay away unless they drop that price another 2k or so.

Anyway I was looking at 09s and honestly there were not many Frontiers on the lots. I test drove a fully overloaded Pro4x crew cab that had a MSRP of $34k. They would only take 3k off that...It was really nice but a bit overkill for me plus it was out of my price range.

I test drove a 09 LE crew cab with leather, tech pkg, tow, floor mats, sliding bed divider, sliding bed extender, ipod interface. MSRP was $32,525 and they were only willing to do $3,200 off

I looked at a 09 LE crew cab with traction pkg, moonroof, Value pkg, floor mats, tow and this was in white. MSRP was $34k and this dealer was willing to take $4k off but again still out of my price range.

I looked at a 08 left over Crew Cab NISMO. MSRP was $29k and they would only do $2k off even though it was a left over. The thing already had chips in the paint which were touched up badly and a few dings in the doors. Still wouldn't budge. Walked.

I never saw a SE on the lot.

If I were you...take a hard look at the Pro4x and try to work them on that price some more! I really wanted the rear locker even though I don't do any heavy off roading but I can see how it would come in useful. Better to have it and not need it than need it and now have it!

I would think at this time dealers will be even more desperate to move 09s off the lots. So work em. I know when I looked at the Tacoma they were doing $5k off MSRP and one place did $6k off.

Good luck and let us know what you plan to do!

·
Registered
570 Posts

I wouldn't imagine the Boston area is a huge truck market, so it makes sense that dealers would be cutting inventories to the bone in this down market. Nissan has cut production on trucks like everyone else; that probably is all the more apparent in your area than here in Calif. or other markets that traditionally sell more trucks. Have you considered going out of state to get better price/selection?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got mine in Dartmouth, MA. The closest Nismo (now the pro4x) was upstate New York at the time and so that's where mine came from. It was like a 500 mile delivery. But my warranty started on the mileage at delivery so I wasn't worried. I think I paid 27K but I got a real good trade in on my Ranger so I came out pretty well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called few places today, offering $26,000 for an LE or PRO4 with MSRP of $32000. THe closest I got was $27000+tax.

Funny thing happened. Called Marlboro Nissan to see if the can come down from their original offer of $26,700 but instead they raised it to $27500.

I was getting better offers on Tacoma.
Who said that Frontier is cheaper.. just venting..

·
Registered
637 Posts
I called few places today, offering $26,000 for an LE or PRO4 with MSRP of $32000. THe closest I got was $27000+tax.

Funny thing happened. Called Marlboro Nissan to see if the can come down from their original offer of $26,700 but instead they raised it to $27500.

I was getting better offers on Tacoma.
Who said that Frontier is cheaper.. just venting..
Oregon says Frontiers are cheaper. Similar Toyota would have cost me apprx $27k. (09 SR5 4x4 crew cab) Maybe could have got it down to $26k and some change if I really pushed hard, but the salesman pretty much told me I was wasting my time.

Pro4x's are going to be harder to find and therefore demanding a premium price. LE's are also numbered, not saying you should settle but you would be able to haggle more and get a better deal if you were looking into SE's.

There is a member on here who picked up an 09 Pro4x that he specially ordered and I think it was around $26k or so.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
have you tried mastria in raynham,,i was there last week they had a few in stock..there not bad to deal with..

·
Registered
226 Posts
i stopped by the dealer near my house to ask them about Frontier stock. They actually have a 2009 SE KC on the lot right now. $26,220 MSRP. I guess someone wanted it and then the customer backed out so they have one. Said that its probably going to be put on a truck next week to go to a different dealer.

This dealer had a 2008 LE and a KC NISMO but both were DRIVEN to a dealer in RI and MA.

According to my dealer they rarely sell pick up trucks to begin with and in this economy its even worse. They said for this year they have sold 3 09 Frontys, my 07 Leftover Fronty, 1 09 Titan (total of 5 trucks). They still have a fully loaded 08 Titan Pro4x still on the lot and they are willing to dea on it. They need it off the lot. MSRP was $46k and now its $35k and are willing to deal.

When the sales guy looked up the stock for Pro4x there only are 2 in the region that he can get. One was in Boston (must be the one you are looking at?) and the other was in CT. LEs he could find about 8 right now but he said there are a few 2008 LEs that he can bring in if need be.

The prices you got are good IMHO ($26k). If you go in prepare for the games. If you can't make a deal within 1hr walk away. they will call you but do not spend anymore than 1hr with the salesguy/ so called sales mgr. if you do stay then the number games come into play, they know you are emotionally attached, etc...if you can bring in a bank check with a good down pay they will play trust me.

Look at Chevy. The dealers in my town are suffering big time. They got 2008s still on their lots. Silverados galore. Nothing is moving for them. I'd hate to be a Chevy dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought my 09 KC 4x2 SE (V6, Auto) with the value package plus a few more extras for 19K last month here in Ohio. I thought that was pretty good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You might try overstock...

I played around with your configuration on the cars.overstock.com web site and came up with a price of 24745 for a 29990 LE. At a dealer about 30 miles from Boston. I imagine this does not include TTL fees. Seems like a good discount if the vehicle really exists. Now understand that I have not bought a vehicle this way and don't have any connection to them but you might try it out and tell us what you think.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I just bought an '09 KC, PRO-4X, 6sp, Tech, Tow, iPod, and mats in PA. It was $28.9 and got $2K off the sticker. That was the best I could do and it was the only one I could find. So with the $2K + $3K incentive it was $23.9

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just bought an '09 KC, PRO-4X, 6sp, Tech, Tow, iPod, and mats in PA. It was $28.9 and got $2K off the sticker. That was the best I could do and it was the only one I could find. So with the $2K + $3K incentive it was $23.9
most of the dealers in CT would not do that. I was looking at a Pro4x and it was $34k. They only wanted to do the incentive. I tried to get them to do another $2k off because if they had done so I would have seriously thought about springing on it. but the best they could do was another $500. $500!!!!! i walked. and they never called me back. i'm glad they did not because in reality it was over budget.

2 09 LEs I was looking at were just too expensive for me. $34k (like the pro4x) and $33k almost. They did incentive and a little more but still not enough. I really wanted the LE trim and there were no 09 SEs at that time...so when i found the so called 07 Left Over LE i sprung on it as it was fully overloaded and they let it go at a good price. granted it had 234 miles already on it but it still was a good deal to me.

why do they overload the options on LEs and make them $34k? you mine as well look at a Titan or something else in that price range!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
My 09 LE CC 4x4 was 26.700 Got everything but the moonroof and hill ascent/descent. But for taking one off their lot stock they threw in a bed extender. They were going to give me a free remote starter but I get more use from the extender. Was really thinking bout a pro 4x but didn't like that it didn't come w/the roof rack or nerfs, however I did like the white gauges and the seat accents though. But the racks and the 18" wheels on the LE sold me. list was 31,890 but they dropped it to invoice minus the 2500 cash back which worked out better than the lower finance rates w/o the cashback.

·
Registered
226 Posts
the Pro4x I test drove did have the moonroof and roof rack with the bed divider/extender, ipod, traction pkg, etc... i liked it because it had the rear locker but the price drove me away. i guess CT dealers are not as willing to deal.

toyota dealers were though. An SR5 you could get below invoice and it was tempting...but i got the Fronty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello all,
I am looking to buy a new 2009 Frontier.. Crew Cab, either Pro4 or LE.
I would like to know what others paid for an 09 Frontier in NEw England area.
Right now I have 3 offers I am looking at:
1. 2009 LE (leather, Tech, VE package, no Tow) long bed, Auto for $26,700 MSRP-$32,140; Invoice $29,800
2. 2009 Pro 4X (leather, Tech, Tow) - $26,700 MSRP-$32,250; Invoice $29,875
3. 2009 LE (leather, tech, short bed, Tow) -$25,800 (Managers Demo model, with 900 miles on it. MSRP-$32,290; Invoice-$29,900

All of the above are 4x4. Maybe able to knock down a few hundred...

Anyone got a better deal?

Thanks
After going through the negotiating gig in Canada I would have taken #2 in a heart beat! For a fully loaded Pro4x CC (no options in Canada, it's all or nothing) I started at 41 773 - 5,000 incentive - 2,000 = $34,773 or ~ $31,300 US... plus taxes of course...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts