Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so a guy i work with wants to buy my truck, AS IS, he just told me to think of a price,and I was wondering what you all, as fellow frontier owners, thought would be a fair price. its a yellow(with lots of scratched in pintriping :) ) 2000 frontier. cc auto 4x2 v6 new rebuilt heads, 160,000 miles on the odo, blown transmission, priced transmissions locally for under 600. fender flares have been removed/ ripped off, drivers side window motor and track are missing(window is held up by a 1x2 currently. lol). General grabber UHP's with about 80% tread life remaining. no dents, no rust, interior is good. i don't really have any pictures of it right now, it is in a shop so i can't get to it sorry. lol. overall the truck looks good, just been used for what it was built for. thanks.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only mod done (before i got it) that i can tell is the did a cat back exhaust via glass pack muffler. and a 1 into 2 AR racing(autzone) tip. not sure on teh exact size of the exaust. id say close to 3" from the cats back. the blue book value for the truck in fair condition is 4785, i would say its a little less than fair condition only because of the tranny. reverse is the only working gear. also has a brand new radiator, distributer,and fuel pump

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea that sounds very reasonable. thanks. your helpin me out on 2 dif subjects right now lmao. much appreciated. and yes, when i got the truck i was very surprised at what ( for a 2wd) it was capable of. it has even impressed a buddy of mine that rode with me almost every time i went "2 wheelin" (he drives a 4x4 82 bronco lifted 6 or 8 inches on 35" ) :fantastic:

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hah, yes i believe it. love these trucks.which is why (as you already know) im about to spend a lot of time and money on one. lol. aight don't wanna go off sunject to far. thanks for your help, will keep posted what comes about.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Id tell him 4k and if he dickers with you end around 3500 or so and call it good. Its obviously a capable truck that with a little work could take him places.
I'd say that's a good guess.

NADA rough trade-in is $4,000. This truck would go for probably half of that at auction so I think your best bet would be:

Tell him $4k.

When he *****es about having to replace the tranny, tell him you found one for $600 so you'll nock that off but $3400 is your rock bottom.

good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts