Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

So the clutch went on my 05 Nismo this weekend. Every shop I have called wants over $500 for a new clutch kit. But, I have been looking online and found some kits for much cheaper. I was wondering if anyone has got a good deal, or knows of a good trustworthy website (that will ship to Canada)? I don't need a crazy off road or racing clutch. I do some minor trail riding, but mostly its used as my work truck. Any help or personal feedback for the site you have used would be great.

Thanks
Luke

:comphead:

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
I know we don't like to spend more than we have to but by not paying a little extra you might be passing up a better replacement than what we have now.
The old and corny saying is true, you get what you pay for...

Clint

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you read through the post below, look at #14 where mustard23 listed a website for clutches that work for our truck.

When I had my 2006 Frontier, I wish I had bought one of those.

Good luck.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/clutch-life-56346/
Thanks I checked that one out, nice clutch. But I am not sure I need something with that high performance.

I know I get what I pay for, but work is a little slow and I need to be economical, and right now, it kinda hard to carry my materials and tools in a VW Golf. I NEED MY TRUCK FIXED.

Luckly I traded the guy at my shop some renos on his house in exchange for him putting the clutch in. Now all I need to do is source the clutch.

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
I didn't make my post to sound like it may have been taken.
I appreciate what you're saying. We're all tight for cash these days. If you buy a better clutch then you might never need another one, or so soon again.
Good luck.

Clint

·
Registered
345 Posts
I also agree, times are tough. But I wished I spent a little more when my clutch went out at 32k and not gone through all the bs and spending even more money when that one went out at 72k.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check on amazon for an Excedy. I got one for my xe shipped for $120 I think. The v6 one might be a little more.
I found a Exedy Clutch Kit for $220, anyone else have this clutch? good or bad or average? Is it worth it to spend $399 on a spec clutch?

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know we don't like to spend more than we have to but by not paying a little extra you might be passing up a better replacement than what we have now.
The old and corny saying is true, you get what you pay for...

Clint
Well I ordered the Spec Stage 1 clutch today. Thanks for the help. I could have gone with a less expensive clutch. But the difference in price ended up only being around $130 more for the much nicer clutch kit.
In the long run, if I get more kms out of this clutch, it will save me a tone in labour down the road.
"you get what you pay for..."

·
Super Moderator
12,391 Posts
Hopefuly this is the last one you need to buy. Any extended life will save you money.
So what was the cost and where did you source it from?

Clint

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.