Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I after a good amount of research and talking to a bunch of people on the forums, I've decided to go with PRG's products to lift my 09 Pro-4x....I still have a couple concerns regarding the lift though! I started a new thread because I didn't want to highjack anyone elses and there are so many posts about so many various lift variations on the forums

I don't want to spend over ~$400 for the components and I want to stick with PRG because they are the best!!!

So I'm thinking about getting the "3"" Frontier Leveling Kit w/PRG Deaver 2-Leaf Spring #prg-3mke11-f $299.00" (here)
and the PRG Cam Bolt Kit.

I realize I'm not getting new UCAs and this is my main concern with 3" in the front. Will the bumpstops that come with the mini-lift kit be able to stop it from knocking all the time? And will I really hear the sound all that much when I won't be doing the much off road? And I'm still able to get the PRG UCAs down the line when I have enough money ($620) right? And what about the rear bumper (stock)? I see a couple bumpers for sale and they say they are modified for a lift.....would I need to do anything to my bumper to make it look right?

If anyone can help I would appreciate it....Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
No the bump stops that come with the lift are for full compression so you dont hit the frame with the lca. Those bump stops have nothing to do with the uca's. And for the people that move the brackets on the rear bumper its to compensate for the gap from bumper to gate after doing a body lift. And you will notice the contact with the uppers. If you hit a good sized pothole or speed bump and even just bigger bumps in the road.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you could still get the UCA later.

I would wait until you can get what you want and do all the work at once

I mean the truck is new

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I did the 2" spacers and occasinally my uppers hit in just normal street driving, I think your gonna hit a lot with the 3" spacers.

IMO, the 2" lift in the front is plenty and 33's fit under it perfect. If you want more you really will need to get the set of components.

·
Registered
193 Posts
This would be my advice: Wait until you can afford to get some PRG Radflos ($769.00).

There has been a lot of misconception about this, but with aftermarket coilovers and STOCK UCA's you can get 3" of lift WITHOUT coilbucket contact.

If you are going to get 3" spacers and then wait until you have enough funds to get aftermarket UCA's, I would DEFINITELY say go with coilovers instead.

It will be about the same price after youve bought spacers AND uca's, and you will be 10 times happier!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
So I'm thinking about getting the "3"" Frontier Leveling Kit w/PRG Deaver 2-Leaf Spring #prg-3mke11-f $299.00" (here)
and the PRG Cam Bolt Kit.
From what I have read, PRG has great customer service and I am not trying to take anything away from that. However, $300 for a spacer and an AAL is pretty steep.
You can pick up a spacer from ADF for $60, the AAL from PRG for $150 and you have spent $210. The LCA bumpstop that PRG includes can be had for about $10. Energy Suspension 9.9101 Bump Stops - 99101
I'm just saying, all it is is a spacer and a bumpstop. If you were going with other suspension stuff such as coilovers, then definitely go PRG. A spacer and bumpstop for $150 just isn't worth it. With the money you save going ADF spacer it covers the cost of your cam bolts. Less money out of your pocket.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This would be my advice: Wait until you can afford to get some PRG Radflos ($769.00).

There has been a lot of misconception about this, but with aftermarket coilovers and STOCK UCA's you can get 3" of lift WITHOUT coilbucket contact.
If I was to get that would I still get the 3" on a pro-4x with its stock suspension? And what about the rear? I'm just not trying to spend over $500 for lift components

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I have icon 2.5 coilovers with stock control arms and I have 3" of lift.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
you really just got to ask yourself what you want to do with your truck. Not just in terms of what other mods you have planned but what is the purpose of the mods. Otherwise you are going to buy a whole bunch of stuff that you will ultimatley take off and try to sell in six months.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If I was to get that would I still get the 3" on a pro-4x with its stock suspension? And what about the rear? I'm just not trying to spend over $500 for lift components
Yes, you will get 3" out of them. I have the same coilovers as Mike with stock uca's as well, and I got 3" no problem.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I went with ADF spacers, the ALL from PGR....would I be able to get the UCA from Calmini and have them fit? I don't see why I would need to spend $130 more on the PGR UCAs

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
you really just got to ask yourself what you want to do with your truck. Not just in terms of what other mods you have planned but what is the purpose of the mods. Otherwise you are going to buy a whole bunch of stuff that you will ultimatley take off and try to sell in six months.
No **** !!!! I went from a Spacer Lift, to the Coilover Lift, and now the Calmini DB kit and had to buy new coilovers again, plan it out and make sure you are going to be happy with what you do the first time. It would have saved me about a G.

·
Registered
193 Posts
^ So true. problem is I think most of us start out thinking "oh I just need to do this and im good".... once youve done one thing you catch the bug:laugh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So over the last couple weeks I've saved enough money (I hope) to put a decent lift on this thing, a 2009 Frontier Pro-4x. I have around $700 for upgrades at the moment and am trying not to spend that entire amount on a lift. What I really want is 2.5"-3" in the front and 2"-2.5" in the back, hoping to keep it level. So what now? All the threads I've read say to stay away from spacers, but they are in my price range, but after-market UCA arn't. I want to avoid coil-bucket contact so I don't want to go with spacers if it will occur, I could always get coil bucket bump stops but I'd like to stay away from that. So for front I'm really not sure what to get, and this is where I need help. For the rear I think I'm ok and I have an idea of getting the PRG Deaver 2" spring pack (if someone could link me some leaf springs that give me 2.5" that are good quality would be great). So any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 37 Posts