Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have just hit 6000 miles on my 2010 cc auto Pro4x. I couldnt be happier with this truck as its my second Frontier. My list of mods until today is: Truxxx lift and level kit, Mag-hytec rear diff cover, factory tube steps, factory side mouldings, factory tow setup, royal purple diff fluid front and rear, and a whole lot of wax and leather care. My one complaint besides not being able to buy the crewcab prox in longbed is the payload capacity. Ive literally had some camping gear and two dirtbikes in it and it was sagging something fierce. I called Greg at Prg and had a chat about his deaver rear add on springs. Greg was def easy to deal with, very familiar with our trucks and all around a nice guy to talk too. After installing my rear springs I loaded my truck like usual and put my trailer on it.....no sag!! Im extremely happy with this product. I would buy the full suspension coilovers and all from him but have a 100k warrenty and drive it almost everyday. Oh yeah, if antbody decides to get these, use a gear puller to compress the springpack. It worked much better than c clamps.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Nice! I just ordered the 4x4 advanced package. Makes me
feel good to hear the stuff works well. I believe that your rear springs is what is the kit I got.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,024 Posts
was it the 2" AAL? cuz we can therfore wait for the inevitable sag thread in a few months. or if it was the ten leaf pack - it will be a few months more with that kinda weight

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
i thought really the only mass produce full pack lowered the pay load. i think if greg knew he wanted to tow and haul he wouldnt have said the leaf pack for that reason.

you can get a custom one made for your frontier for around the same price and increase payload.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
...the inevitable sag thread..
^yeah.. Our OE leaves sack out pretty easily; ya might wanna add an Air leveling kit if you load it up that much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope it doesnt sag.I just use my truck for dirtbikes and camping supplies. I rarely have a lot of weight in it. I mainly use it as a daily driver for work. I might do the airbags if I ever plan on using it for anything more. I just dont remember my 2007 le kc ever sagging with my bikes in it. Either way I guess time will tell but Im happy for now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
With off road packages comes weak springs. My Bro-in-law has a Taco off road and his didn't even last 3 months (yes it was new)...(yes he over loaded it). Anyway, I got my lift done by a local spring shope and they upped my load limmit by 1000 lbs (yes I know the axle is not rated for that much, but it is nice) and my ride quality improved. If your hauling a load even once a month then its worth to get new spring packs. the new springs cost $450 installed... well worth it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts