Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been debated, but I'm asking. If you have either of these, why did you choose that one? Trying to figure out which one to get. Is one better than the other? Why or why not? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
This topic has basically been beated to death, kinda like what lift should I get.

The quick is that PRG has more adjustability while TC is more of a rigid set-up.

Most choose to go PRG for these benefits but if it is down to cost, TC may win.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i like the heimed prg uca really good upper arm

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
basically one is adjustable (PRG) one is fixed (TC)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
heim joints wear out, causing noise and eventually will have to be replace.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
heim joints wear out, causing noise and eventually will have to be replace.
They also don't have give like the poly joints do so they tend to run a little more rough.

Side Note: Doesn't PRG offer adjustable poly joints on their UCAs?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
PRG dose have a new delvin bushing UCA, not sure if any one is running them or not

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
some have said the TC will last longer. i cant personally confirm since i have neither

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The Delrin bushing UCA from PRG are NOT adjustable.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
thanks dubie!

been needing to get some uca and wanted the adjustability but didnt want the hiems.

·
Registered
219 Posts
not all of his stuff is online you just have to call

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First off, thanks to all who responded. My one question when referring to the PRG UCA is " what about it is adjustable?" I don't need anything super fancy. Primarily for coil bucket clearance as I want to go up to 3". I will be taking my truck on the trails, so durability is an issue. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
First off, thanks to all who responded. My one question when referring to the PRG UCA is " what about it is adjustable?" I don't need anything super fancy. Primarily for coil bucket clearance as I want to go up to 3". I will be taking my truck on the trails, so durability is an issue. Thanks again guys.
The adjustable part is for Camber. You only have so much adjustment with the cam bolts on the bottom and after wheeling a bit, you may need more then what is offered. This is a benefit to the PRG arms.

EDIT: Being a moron I put caster instead of Camber originally. Thanks for the correction bimmernut318

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
i have the TC UCA, no problems what so ever but i bought them when they where the only ones on the market. I probably would of bought PRG's ones.. Either way you'll be happy. with 3 inch lift i dont think u will even have to adjust ur UCA.

·
Registered
219 Posts
got an email back from greg (PRG) and he no longer carries the adjustable delrin style. only fixed delrin and adjustable heims.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again guys. Some much info and knowledge here. I checked the price and Greg's UCA's are only about $30 more than TC. I guess that clears that up. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
There is also the Calmini UCA.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts