Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6 inch PRG lift including CST spindles, 2 inch spacers, 2 leaf AAL, adjustable shackles, Bilstien shocks and brake lines. There are no instructions at all and my mechanic is installing tomorrow. Is there anything I need to tell him he shouldnt already know?

It also came with bumpstops and two other small flat rubber 2-3 inch diameter pieces with a bolt thru the middle(what are these). They say prothane motion on them.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have the 6 inch PRG lift including CST spindles, 2 inch spacers, 2 leaf AAL, adjustable shackles, Bilstien shocks and brake lines. There are no instructions at all and my mechanic is installing tomorrow. Is there anything I need to tell him he shouldnt already know?

It also came with bumpstops and two other small flat rubber 2-3 inch diameter pieces with a bolt thru the middle(what are these). They say prothane motion on them.
the small round ones get mounted onto your upper control arms on the bottom side so when you get contact on your coil bucket it will not hit hard. The big bump stops replace your factory ones up front.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Thanks, makes sense to me now. I wished the kit had some instructions, but I recieved none at all.
if you need instructions to install a lift, then you are not the type of person who should install there own lift. You should just take it to a mechanic and he can do it.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
if you need instructions to install a lift, then you are not the type of person who should install there own lift. You should just take it to a mechanic and he can do it.
He said his mechanic is doing it...just wanted the instructions in case he had to tell him anything special about the install.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
In my first post it says "mechanic is installing tomorrow". And I like to give as much info as I can to him. After searching the forum, I noticed other people got instructions and used them to install their kits.

Thanks StormFrontier for reading

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
In my first post it says "mechanic is installing tomorrow". And I like to give as much info as I can to him. After searching the forum, I noticed other people got instructions and used them to install their kits.

Thanks StormFrontier for reading
mine didn't have any. There is nothing in particular your mechanic needs to know. Just obvious things that he would already check. Watch the ABS lines front and rear.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure after the many installs from members of this site thru trial and error I can pass on some good info to mechanic, and might save time and some money out of my pocket. Thanks 08 nismo about the ABS lines.

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lift installed today with a few issues. Unable to run the 15 inch XE wheels on it because of contact with spindle, so much that the tire will not even turn at all, so I had to hurry and find some tires to put on the 16 inch Nismo's for clearance(thanks to 06 footy for all his help). The bolt in the AAL's stripped because it is so soft, so a new bolt had to be used.

Mechanic said he wished it had instructions for reference because since the tire would not turn he thought he installed something wrong.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Ohhh, you have an XE, that is why nobody mentioned the wheel fitment issue.

Also, did you get extended brake lines?

Lastly, I assume your mechanic left your ABS lines unclipped so that they are not destroyed when you go over some bumps and cycle the suspension?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes its an XE. Wished I would have known about the 15 inch wheels, the drivers side barely clears but the passenger side wont turn at all. I tried to get all the info he would need off here, but still ran into problems.

Got the extended brake lines for front and left the back ones unhooked. He didnt like this idea, but went along with it. The bolt in the AAL is just about as soft as they make one. Anyone else that does this should buy a harder one right away.

I have to drive an hour and a half tomorrow just to get tires so I can drive it home.

I noticed some other members have the spindles and 15 inch wheels. Dont know why mine would not work.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yes its an XE. Wished I would have known about the 15 inch wheels, the drivers side barely clears but the passenger side wont turn at all. I tried to get all the info he would need off here, but still ran into problems.

Got the extended brake lines for front and left the back ones unhooked. He didnt like this idea, but went along with it. The bolt in the AAL is just about as soft as they make one. Anyone else that does this should buy a harder one right away.

I have to drive an hour and a half tomorrow just to get tires so I can drive it home.

I noticed some other members have the spindles and 15 inch wheels. Dont know why mine would not work.
I dont know anyone who has an XE with a spindle lift and stock wheels. No other model can even fit 15" wheels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tx Frontier and Kristin K both have the 15 inch wheels, so I know they will work. We could have ground some off of the tie rod, but he didnt want to and I have the new wheels already, just no tires till tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Ive got stock se wheels with the spindle lift. Mine contact at lock, so im going to grind away some of the outer tie rod, or just say hell with it and buy some 17's. The only problem with that is i dont want to run pro comps since everyone on her has them. So i may call around at work tomorrow to see what i can find.
there a good bit of 17" wheels out there for out trucks now. Its 16" that is so limited.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats what my truck will look like in a few weeks except i got SE wheels. What size tires did you end up going with?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts