Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I did search the forum, but with different titles it makes searching hard. I am looking to install a PRG 4WD Advanced Coilover System and I am curious to know if there are items that I will need that do not come with the kit. IE brake lines, bolts, ETC. I have the friends and ability to do the install, but I am new to lifting (down several lowerings). I was hoping not to have to pay for overnight shipping or leave my truck in suspended animation for a week waiting for a part. Also any recomendations on parts I don't need, but would be a good choice or good addition. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
for 1 PRG should tell you everything you may or may not need on there web site. And 2 I thing you'll be fine if you dont go over 3 inches. I did a 2 inch lift and def needed nothing other then spacers. I would check there web site first tho.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
SS brake lines are always nice since you can order them in an extended length.

Past that there is nothing the kit doesn't come with. You may end up cutting the bolt on the UCA on the drives side since it is easier to do that then to dis-assembly the steering linkage. PRG I believes includes this replacement bolt thou.

Lastly, keep a can or two of PBblaster on hand and spray down the bolts a few days in advance. This will help while uninstalling them. Then don't forget to know where to get a torch just in case you need to heat up a bolt to get it to budge.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Here is what is on the web site...

Description

This kit offers all the performance of the Frontier PRG Radflo Basic Coilover Package, but offers up to 3" of lift by using longer Radflo coilovers and the PRG upper a-arm. The a-arms are designed to offer the most wheel travel possible when combined with the proper shock/strut. The rear of this kit uses the PRG Deaver 2-Leaf Spring Pack to lift 2.5" and direct fit Bilstein 5125 Series Rear Shocks. It offers a fantastic ride and good bottoming resistance. Included with this kit are urethane bumpstops and a replacement upper a-arm bolt as the factory bolt needs to be cut to install the upper control arm. Installation is of medium difficulty, requires basic hand tools plus a hacksaw or Sawzall, and should take approximately four hours.
Please note: Separate purchase of alignment cams is typically not needed for this component or package, however, every vehicle is different and 2006 and later model Nissan trucks and SUVs do not come with alignment cams from the factory. In the rare instance that your vehicle requires alignment cams they are available from us at a reduced rate (previous customers or with additional purchase only) by clicking here. An alignment is required after installing any components that change the ride height of the vehicle. Please be sure to read our return and shipping policies before completing your order. This package is for four-wheel drive vehicles only. Please see other packages for two-wheel drive options.

Sounds like you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies.

Jordo: I did not see that much info on the website, I will recheck. WOW!!! Guys there is this thing on the mouse that lets you scroll down, I had no idea. :comphead: Total brain fart, thanks. Since you recomend not more than 2" should I just go with the basic kit instead? The difference between the 2 seems to be only the ability to adjust the front higher.

Dubie2003: Torch...I had not though of that and will add to the list of needed tools.

zoomzoom: Planned on making that call, but they always tell you their kit is complete and it never fails....gotta get something else. I am not saying that PRG is not truthfull, I have never dealt with them before. I have read on here that they are great to deal with and this forum is the reason I'm going with them.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Talk to "Yuki_Likes_Ska" on here. He had the PRG 4WD Advanced kit on his truck before doing the Titan Swap. I believe he did the install himself too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do and thanks for all the info guys. I will take before and afters. I am not really looking for giant tires. Just want to give it a little more clearance. I live in New Orleans and when you live in a bowl the higher the vehicle the better. If the sky just sneezes then we flood. The factory height is great, prob the biggest reason I choice the Frontier over all the others. After learing about them it seems like it was the best choice. IE the factory rear end and lockers.....etc. All new stuff Im learning about but very exciting. Hobbie is gonna get expensive though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put the PRG advanced package in this spring and it was easy, except for removing old bolts. If you have spent time on roads with salt make sure you have a torch or good impact wrench over 250 fpt. The kit is great and improves on and off road performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put the PRG advanced package in this spring and it was easy, except for removing old bolts. If you have spent time on roads with salt make sure you have a torch or good impact wrench over 250 fpt. The kit is great and improves on and off road performance.
Thanks will do. Truck only has like 15,000 miles on it and I do live in La so salty air is common, but I wash it often. I have impact equipment and couple buddies I suckered into helping. Should be OK. Ive done lowerings on couple different vehicles before and I am assuming it is similar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts