Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone...i have searched and searched and im sure this has been asked a million times. but here is my problem...i bought the prg 3 inch lift and 2 inch blocks in the rear. first, should the spacer and the rear blocks be the same hieght side by side?? im new at this lift thing so sorry for the question. also i put 285/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tires on pro comp wheels and they are eating everything up cant turn at all...i have read about the melt mod but has anyone just cut the bottom of the fender?? also i pulled the front air dam off but the tire still hits up front. any help will be much appriciated. sorry if this is the wrong area for this question just looking for a little help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks that makes sence about the spacer. just wasnt sure. i pulled the fender liners all the way out and the air dam all the way off but still hits the fender and the front bummper?? i guess its going to be cutting metal now?? although i cant find anyone saying they had to...really dont want to do a body lift but more lift or cutting seems to be my only options...

·
Registered
644 Posts
You will have to bend the metal of the fenders behind each front wheel. Pro comp wheels with 285's will rub big time because they sit out wider than the stock wheels. I have 4" of lift in front with pro comp rims and 285's and i still had to bend up the bottom of my fenders 3" or so. I also had to bend the corners of my front bumper away so they wouldn't rub.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot guys!! you have helped me a ton...i guess its time to pull the air saw out. ill take some pics after i get it done. i think that im going to try and move the bumper forward if i can to get a little room. looks like there is plenty of bumper to do it just going to widen the holes and slide it up a little. guess we will see. thanks again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.