Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ite so I got my 3 inch spacer kit from PRG last week. And I woke up every morning with it sittin on my bedroom floor.

I came to the conclusion that my lift belongs on a truck not on the floor.

So, by me being a 19 year old kid in college. I busted out the tools.

I have never installed anything major on a truck. I once had a zr2 blazer and i never lifted it. So i thought it was going to be a challenge. But it wasnt!

After watching the step by step on youtube i finished the front. It looks amazing and NO COIL BUCKET NOISE. It is only minor when going over a speedbump at 10 miles per hour plus I would guess...

Now tommorrow I am installing the rear one inch blocks and 1.5 inch shackles.

Anybody have any input on the steps?
Thanks guys

Plus which tires? All terrain Preferibly.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
As far as the block and shackle install go they are just as easy. Just need a jack, 2 stands, and i believe a 19 and 21, not positive though. As far as at tires, most will say either bfg at, nitto terra grapplers, or like me, toyo at. Nitto is actually a branch of toyo which is y their tread design is so much alike. Personally, id go with nitto or toyo.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I came to the conclusion that my lift belongs on a truck not on the floor.

So, by me being a 19 year old kid in college. I busted out the tools.

I have never installed anything major on a truck. .
x2

keep us updated on the install and post pics when your finished
lol same with me i just need to order the rest of the parts so i can install.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Any difference in handling with this lift?
It should ride pretty much the exact same, probably a little better in the rear when he throws on some aftermarket shocks, andseen as how he lifted the front 3 inches and the rear 2.5 he should have a little less rake to the front which will be slightly better for cornering

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
prg says you dont need new rear shocks, but after i put mine on, i noticed a little harsher ride out back. when i put the calmini lift on, it came with shocks and it mellowed it out a bit. so if you got the extra cash id get a set of decent longer shocks. they dont need to be muck longer but it should help

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I only have the front put on thus far, the bolts connecting the shocks to the axel wont break loose so i am going to use an air compressor and tools thursday when I go home from college. As far as the handling/ride. I really cant see a difference anywhere. I am very pleased. I do notice tha coil bucket connection when i look at the spacer from the outside, but when going over bumps I dont hear a noise. According to alot of people I thought it was going to be horrible.

The handleing is fine, no problems. I do need to get an alignment asap when i put my 33's on there. I think I am gonna go with the kuhmo Road Venture KL78's due to the price is extremly wonderful.

Pics will be posted this comin weekend!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.