Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put this kit on my 2015 SV 2wd. I already have a leveling kit installed on the stock suspension using a spacer in the front and larger brackets in the rear. If I put this kit on front and rear of the truck will I need to replace the larger brackets in the back with the stick brackets? Will I still need the spacer in the front to fit my 31 in tires? And will I need to buy a new control arm just to fit this kit in my truck? Also if anyone has any experience with this kit that can advise on their install process and how it went and if they had any issues that would be great!

-cameron

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
I am looking to put this kit on my 2015 SV 2wd. I already have a leveling kit installed on the stock suspension using a spacer in the front and larger brackets in the rear. If I put this kit on front and rear of the truck will I need to replace the larger brackets in the back with the stick brackets? Will I still need the spacer in the front to fit my 31 in tires? And will I need to buy a new control arm just to fit this kit in my truck? Also if anyone has any experience with this kit that can advise on their install process and how it went and if they had any issues that would be great!

-cameron
First: for the front, your current spacer gives your truck lift. If you put the 5100's on (front only) the 5100's can be adjusted to also add lift, "up to 2.5" lift but we suggest limiting the lift to 2" on a 4wd but 2.5" on a 2wd is just dandy." as the description says.

Second: As for the rear, by "brackets" I'm guessing you are talking about lift shackles for the stock leaf spring. If you put the 5100's on (rear) you won't get any added lift, it says in the description that "these are the stock length and are fine with rear lifts up to about 1.5". Rear shocks don't add any rear lift. Only AALs, shackles, blocks, or a whole new leaf pack will add lift.

Third: Read the Suspension Sticky:
*UPDATED* Suspension Lifts and Body Lifts for 2005+ *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING HERE*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts