Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a great experience at Greg's place getting the Radflo Coilovers with the TC UCAs, and the rear Deaver springs with the 5125 Bilsteins installed.

Man, this is exactly the ride I was hoping for! Its comfortable on the road and off the road. Extremely well balanced between the front and rear also. Greg had to egg me on around the test track since I'm not used to going that fast offroad and it hit the trail and ate it up going slow and at speed. I couldn't freaking believe it. I was in shock and almost speechless. No jarring or weird vibrations through the truck or through the steering wheel. I know it sounds overly dramatic, but I have driven the stock set up and the AC coil setup and this ride is far superior.

With the stock Nismo tires I am 37.5" in the front from the ground to the wheel well arch, and 37.75" in the back. I was 37" in the front with the AC Coils. A 3" lift in the front and a 2.25" in the rear according to my measurements.

The Radflos installed are the ones with the interior resevoir that Greg will be selling from now on.

I will hopefully be posting pictures soon, but I am getting married this weekend and I have a lot still to do.

Thank you Greg, and thank you to your buddies for keeping me company.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i must say i am very jealous...mostly at the setup, but a small bit for your laps around the track also...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have called the picture police. You have one day to post pictures or else :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
or else Servin will pm you with his now infamous "crack" pic! lol
Man I am very jealous! I reckon you have got the best setup so far available. I am growing a money tree in the backyard to get them! Is Greg still going to have the Radflo's without the external reservoir? I think I read in a post about 2 weeks ago they were going to be $100 cheaper.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Jealous. What was final cost, if you don't mind? there's no pricing on the Deavers on the website.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tommo said:
Is Greg still going to have the Radflo's without the external reservoir? I think I read in a post about 2 weeks ago they were going to be $100 cheaper.
I did get the Radflo's without the external reservoir. It sounded like these would be the only ones available from now on.

T-Bone said:
Jealous. What was final cost, if you don't mind? there's no pricing on the Deavers on the website.
I believe the Deavers were comparable in price to the Titan ones. I'm not exactly sure since I was quoted a price for the whole package plus installation. I would recommend calling and talking to Greg.

·
Registered
91 Posts
well aside from the suspension, congrats and good luck on the marriage coldfire!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
congrats on the new set up. i told you that you couldnt go wrong with Greg. so much for the AC Coils and shackles. LOL. cant wait to see it person next weekend.

now lets get on the trail

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SD_Frontier said:
congrats on the new set up. i told you that you couldnt go wrong with Greg. so much for the AC Coils and shackles. LOL. cant wait to see it person next weekend.

now lets get on the trail
Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Now, if only I had your tires. I remember when I was a kid and I didn't like my shoes, I would drag my toes so my shoes would wear out fast to get new ones. Well, until my mom figured out what I was doing. I wonder if I can do that somehow with my tires. Look honey, they're worn out already.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i must say, those pics look SHARP. i'm really looking forward to seeing it in action at cleghorn (you are going, right?). i can't wait to see it after you get some new meat on those wheels...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Coldfire said:
Here are some pictures...
Mate looks hot!:goodjob: Did you measure before and after? Looks like a genuine 3". What did you do to the rear?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It definately looks no less than 3" of lift!!! Very nice!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Tommo said:
Mate looks hot!:goodjob: Did you measure before and after? Looks like a genuine 3". What did you do to the rear?
The measurements are in the first post of the thread. The rear is a modified Titan Deaver spring upgrade that Greg's been working on to obtain a 2" lift with 5125 Bilsteins with 2" extra travel. Unlike the AC coils and shackles, its very balanced front to rear stiffness wise I've noticed.

sdfronty said:
i must say, those pics look SHARP. i'm really looking forward to seeing it in action at cleghorn (you are going, right?). i can't wait to see it after you get some new meat on those wheels...
Yes, I'll be there and at the post party too. Looking forward to meeting you. I think you missed it last time, right?

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
That looks awesome, that might be my new target once I get the other mods on my list done.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
just go to discount tire and trade them in. i was able to sell my general grabbers for $30 a piece. even sold them my spare. thats $150 off a set of new tires. i was able to get my tires for less than $650 with the certificates.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Coldfire said:
Yes, I'll be there and at the post party too. Looking forward to meeting you. I think you missed it last time, right?
yeah, i was trying to get my bfg mud terrains installed on friday, the day before, and ran into problems. had to decide between going with you guys saturday with my stock tires, or getting the new tires put on saturday and having them on 2 days earlier. i humored myself by hitting up some local fire roads, but i definitely missed out on not going.

i'm just glad we're doing it again. looking forward to meeting all of you...

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Looks greats! I would love to see a video of the suspension in action.

Coldfire said:
I believe the Deavers were comparable in price to the Titan ones. I'm not exactly sure since I was quoted a price for the whole package plus installation. I would recommend calling and talking to Greg.
What is the package price?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts