Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I feel that I may be leaning toeards the Advanced 4WD kit from PRG after talking w/ Greg because it seems pretty solid. PRG name speaks for itself. Would love to run 35's but guess Ill live with some true 33's. Just wondering if the combo would be a noticable diffrence in looks. I want my truck lifted ,maintain a decent ride and pretty much look meaner. If ANYONE has a combo close to this PLEASE throw some pics if they could and any opinions and suggestions are always appreciated and welcomed.Thanks guys for all the help you have givin. Just dont want to by a CAL or FAB 6" kit then replace all the weak components with PRG. In a perfect world PRG would have a nice 5" lift but wishing dont seem to make it happen. This is what I think it will look like..NOT MY TRUCK AND THANK WHOEVERS IT IS FOR REFRENCE...Both are sweet rigs..well done guys...And again THANK YOU:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Well I have the advanced kit minus the UCAs and my tires are not as big but it does not seem to sit as high as those in the pics. I think those have body lifts as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I have the Advanced set-up and 33"s. Have the 2.5" Radflos front, PRG UCAs, Deaver AAL rear and 2"Radflo w/external reservoir in the rear.
and a body lift...

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Well I have the advanced kit minus the UCAs and my tires are not as big but it does not seem to sit as high as those in the pics. I think those have body lifts as well.
the one on the left is sirnixalot truck and yes he has a 2 body lift.

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
yeah last time i talked to greg he got a hold of a couple slr 5inch kits and was going to start making his own. not sure where they are on it though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
So how is it without the UCA's? Looks like your set at 2.5"s of lift?

Thinking of going the same route and dont really want to spend the extra on UCA's if I dont have to.

·
Registered
194 Posts
06 KC with 6" of lift

I have 3 in PRG kit. Coil overs in front and add a leaf in back. Plus 3 in BL Will try to post pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Call Greg back. A month ago he had a handful of the SLR kits ready, just needed bolts and some other stuff to make them a kit. That's according to a post I read on here. For drop brackets, the SLR kit, and I imagine the PRG version, will blow away any of Fabtech or Calmini's stuff.

To the best of my understanding from what I've found on here, the SLR drop bracket kit moves the front axle line forward an inch and half so you can run larger tires without the rubbing issues currently suffered by many. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that. The SLR kits also came with KING shocks valved correctly for the Frontiers. Since PRG deals KING stuff I imagine the PRG/SLR kit will also be able to be had with KINGS, or Sway-A-Ways, ICON, Radflos. If you want enough lift to make it look badass, fit larger wheels/tires and still be able to beat on it without your suspension packing up, wait for this kit to become available to the masses.

All just my opinion of course... Based on what I've read and seen on here. First hand knowledge I have not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 3 in PRG kit. Coil overs in front and add a leaf in back. Plus 3 in BL Will try to post pic
Like the looks of yours. Noticable higher and even seems like you could go w/ a 305/75 w/ the room you got. So its pretty much your route or wait for the PRG 5" which will probably be out within 3 months or so the way he works. Appreciate bro, and your quote in ur sig is why I still havent pulled the trigger. Just once I would like to build something once...Just 1 time
THANKS

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sitting on PRG products and true 33s I have no body lift

I have no complaints
JEFF
LOVE the front bumper. No cutting of the stock, already black, and looks bad a**!!! Nice ride bro.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couldnt of said it better myself!

Call Greg back. A month ago he had a handful of the SLR kits ready, just needed bolts and some other stuff to make them a kit. That's according to a post I read on here. For drop brackets, the SLR kit, and I imagine the PRG version, will blow away any of Fabtech or Calmini's stuff.

To the best of my understanding from what I've found on here, the SLR drop bracket kit moves the front axle line forward an inch and half so you can run larger tires without the rubbing issues currently suffered by many. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that. The SLR kits also came with KING shocks valved correctly for the Frontiers. Since PRG deals KING stuff I imagine the PRG/SLR kit will also be able to be had with KINGS, or Sway-A-Ways, ICON, Radflos. If you want enough lift to make it look badass, fit larger wheels/tires and still be able to beat on it without your suspension packing up, wait for this kit to become available to the masses.

All just my opinion of course... Based on what I've read and seen on here. First hand knowledge I have not.
My thoughts exactly. Would rather PRG than anythin else. Gonna wait 3 months regardless now living in New England I want the salt and sand off the road before the mods go on. It will give me time for the kit to become avalible and 1 less winter for the New England winter road acid to eat apart everything....:fantastic:

·
Registered
246 Posts
ok my truck is the second pic. No body lift added just the Calmini and PRG check the profile. If something better comes along ill get it..... Wish the best for all..........................

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok my truck is the second pic. No body lift added just the Calmini and PRG check the profile. If something better comes along ill get it..... Wish the best for all..........................
Well nice rig bro. You have any side pics of it just standing level. You got the look I am going for w/ the tires I want. Just hope PRG kicks out a 5" soon so I can roll down that path. Sick either way.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
pics

Attachments

Reactions: Budlover

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 42 Posts