Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the PRG 4wd Advanced Coilover Lift - PRG Products and BFG 255 85 16 KM2s. When i turn, the front tires rub a little. The next thing on my list is the Shrockworks bumper, which will probably make the front end sit lower with the added weight.

I wanted a body lift, but its alot of work. So will the PRG Front Lift Spacers - PRG Products - work with the Adv Coilover Lift? How strong will it be? I use the truck as a daily driver, but I also dont want it to break off road. Will I loose wheel travel?

Can I add the Variable Height Frontier Shackles - PRG Products - to keep the rear level with the Deaver 2-Leaf Spring Packs already on?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You cant use a regular coil spacer on top of a coilover. However greg can make you like a one incher or so i believe. The shrock bumper, while it is heavy, wont sag the front to much, plus you can just crank the coilovers a bit and should be able to get the height back. Also, you can add the shackles to the rear no problem.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
How much are they rubbing and where. If its anywhere on the plastic fender liner you can just take a heat gun and heat it up. Then take a damp rag and bend it back and let it cool off. I just did this a couple of times to mine to get the plastic to take a different shape. But I was still rubbing in other spots and had to trim some. But you can melt back that fender lining no problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, ill call greg and see if he can make a 1" spacer that will work so i will have the extra room. ill try the heat gun too. they rub on the front side under the fender sometimes when i turn. i had a wreck a couple of weeks ago which made them seem to rub even more. guy in front of me slammed on his brakes and i rearended him. just appeared to scratch my bumper, but the tires were rubbing more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, ive been waiting to get the new bumper so i havent tried to remove anything. got a wife who thinks $950 + $1000 for a winch is too expensive. i remember having alot more truck parts when i was single.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
^ yah x2. that was the first thing i ripped of my truck with my xe plastic bumper. made it look a lot better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg said he could make a 1" spacer that would work with the Radflo's, but not stock coilovers, but it would take away wheel travel. he also said i can adjust the coilovers, but then it would ride rougher. he said the next option is a drop bracket lift.

since its a DD, i guess ill be doing some cutting or go find a heat gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts