Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2.5/1.5 spacer/shackle ReadyLift kit installed on my 09 SE and I am ready for more lift before its time to buy tires.

I have been looking at the PRG 2wd spindle lift package but I don't need the spacers or shackle the lift comes with. What are the best options to lift the rear the additional 4 inches to keep the leveling?

2" AAL and 2" block? or 4" Fabtech block (not one on PRG)?

http://http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/frontier-2wd-spindle-lift-package/

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Are you trying to add the spindles to your current lift for 6.5" total or to remove the 2.5" spacers and have 4" total up front?

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I never understood why guys are afraid to stack rear components, there is nothing wrong with doing so. Obviously the best solution is a new leaf pack that gives you the desired height and weight handling on its own, but the cost is usually much more (unless you do a frankenpack). The best ride will also be from a new leaf pack. But if you can't do that for whatever reason shackle + AAL + block is fine. Just know this: shackles will wear out the stock springs much faster, AAL is more of a band aid on factory springs, and blocks can cause axle wrap (wearing the springs even more).

Also, I don't think I'd go any bigger than about a 2" block. Tall blocks are ugly and make it look like you couldn't afford a real lift. If you want a level ride at 4" up front without a custom leaf pack, I'd do 2" AAL with 1" block. If you are going for 6.5" up front, 2" AAL, 2" block, adjustable shackles on 1.5"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, wanted to see if you had an update on what combo you went with?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Yeah I went with the CST spindles and a 2" spacer in the front. In the back I added a 2" AAL, a 2" block and kept my 1.5" shackle. I also added the Bilstein 5125 rear shocks and threaded brake lines.

Haven't had any issues with it so far but I also haven't done any serious aggressive driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts