Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I did indeed get everything mounted and secured today, but by the time I was wiring up the winch I lost all the light. So completed photos will have to wait. I'm pretty pleased with this overall. It looks the business and I've no doubt it will perform admirably. I did have to do some massaging to get everything to fit, but all in all still pleased.

This is the weight of the bumper with winch installed. Plus a 27.5lb radiator skidplate the total weight came to a hair over 197lbs. The truck rides SO much better now that I've got the weight up front with the 650lb springs.

Changed my front diff fluid while I was doing this. This was the drain plug 😧

It approximated axle grease or assembly lube. The fluid that drained out looked damn near new.

Here is the old radiator skid plate that was. . . .well loved.

It was really, really bent to ****. Also to the left of the first photo of it, by the oil filter access panel, was impossible to photograph. It took a significant hit.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Dontcha just hate the auto-censoring? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Had to work today, but used some time waiting to snap a few photos. Also stretched the winch line.

I need to move the washers from the hawse to the other winch mounting points, (sometimes it's nice to have help, sometimes it's not)but I'll wait to do so until my factor 55 flatlink and hawse come in.

I'll also probably be pulling the upper bumper cover to cut and clean it up, but it's cold outside and it doesn't bother me that much. . . yet

·
Registered
371 Posts
Merry Christmas Matt!! Your truck looks great. I’m really digging the fog light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Merry Christmas Matt!! Your truck looks great. I’m really digging the fog light.

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too!

It looks great in part to your kickass stuff!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yeah, Baby!! Some o' that edge trim stuff on your upper bumper would go a long way to help clean up that edge. I dig it a LOT!! :cool:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too!

It looks great in part to your kickass stuff!
Thanks brother! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to build these goodies for your rig.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yeah, Baby!! Some o' that edge trim stuff on your upper bumper would go a long way to help clean up that edge. I dig it a LOT!! :cool:
You know, I hadn't even thought about that! Some black door edge guard might do the trick after a little more cleaning it up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Looks good skinny.. that edging is a good idea, even keep the paint from chipping on upper cover as it may move around. Keep mods and pics coming.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts