Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Powertrax Locker

30K views 177 replies 47 participants last post by  bigdog 
#1 · (Edited)
Powertrax Locker C200

I have been in contact with Richmond Gear about producing a Powertrax Locker for the C200. John from Richmond said that they would look into producing the locker if there were enough people willing to buy one. The price will be some where around $450. Please respond to this thread if you are seriously interested in buying one. John is going to be reviewing this thread.

POWERTRAX® EXTREME TRACTION SYSTEMS

POWERTRAX BY RICHMOND VIDEO DEMOS

#2 · (Edited)
Subscribed. I'd definitely be interested in one. Be sure to post this up on thenewX.org also!

Just to clarify...the "PowerTrax Traction System" is more like TrueTrac (an LSD ?) ...so this part for the c200 won't be a true locker like their "Lock-Right" locker...or will it?

#4 ·
found this demo on youtube:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XalMpCC3oO0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XalMpCC3oO0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks just like the TruTrack. In my opinion I'd rather have a trutrack or similar than my locker because it would work all the time (not just 4x4 low) and there's no switch to engage or thinking about before you're stuck.

#5 ·
Looks just like the TruTrack. In my opinion I'd rather have a trutrack or similar than my locker because it would work all the time (not just 4x4 low) and there's no switch to engage or thinking about before you're stuck.

awing, i have a 2wd and want more offroad capabilities... would this be as effective in an offroad enviorment as a factory locker like nismos have?

#7 ·
I have been in contact with Richmond Gear about producing a Powertrax Locker for the C200. John from Richmond said that they would look into producing the locker if there were enough people willing to buy one. The price will be some where around $450. Please respond to this thread if you are seriously interested in buying one. John is going to be reviewing this thread.

POWERTRAX® EXTREME TRACTION SYSTEMS

POWERTRAX BY RICHMOND VIDEO DEMOS
When he's done, please convince him to make one for the M205 and R180 front differentials as well! To be honest I'd rather see one of those made before a C200 locker...

#12 · (Edited)
diddo :goodjob: prefer locker.

#17 ·
Well the replacement is the M205, really. If they make something for that, I would imagine the swap would become much, much more popular. Right now the biggest weak point of the M205 is the fact that it's still only got two side gears and that's what people are breaking now. A replacement locker or LSD would eliminate that issue and make it a really solid IFS setup in the front.

#13 ·
I'd be interested, open diffs suck. I can't believe the other guys with C2oo's are *****ing, this is the first company offering anything for our rear diffs:thatswck: What would it cost to get installed?

#15 ·
I know, why are you guys complaining? It's like a detroit TrueTrac for the C200...Great price may i add. Install can be anywhere from $150 to $350, from what i've heard on the LSD trutrac.

#14 ·
Tell Richmond Gear I am saving up my $$$ to buy one as soon as they come out. I ran a powertrax in my Jeep's front axle and they work quite well, no perfect but they definitely do the job. I also ran a Lockrite in my Toyota and I beat that thing hard, after 30k miles the locker didn't even have any noticable wear on it and that was after 3 Moab trips!

#21 ·
Dude, I am stoked about this. We desperately need something for the C200. Please talk it up on the other applicable sites. If my wife doesn't give me a woody tonite, I know dreams about this thing will :fantastic:

#22 ·
I wouldn't get to excited just yet. Richmond wants to see at least 50 people that would buy one. It seems like every one 8itches about not having a C200 locker and then when a company is actually willing to help they 8itch about why that locker is not good enough for them. Sometime I wonder why I even try.

I am talking about another site

#23 ·
so are they doing any testings before they say they need 50 people to pay?

i assume so going back to read old posts now

#35 ·
so are they doing any testings before they say they need 50 people to pay?
Yeah I would like to see one frontier with it installed. Also waiting on a definite price.
Subscribed

#27 ·
sign me up . i'd think they could get 50 frontys alone not to mention all the xs out there.I'll be watching out for this for sure. hey richmond what about front and rear gears while your at it.

#28 ·
It looks like 7-8 members on here are ready to buy...
If the company is reviewing this thread, i would start a list of names...

#31 ·
count me in, that price is way better than arb, if it were available. and you dont have to mess with air lines

#37 ·
Is it possible for a driveway install?? I could possibly afford the unit, but I can't afford a $300+or- install. I have a baby in daycare and my wife is just starting nursing school.. cha ching:(

#39 ·
08whitex, could you ask if they could make something for our front end?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.