Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.. I've been playing around with the Dynolicious app on the iPod Touch, and was just wondering if anyone knew what the correct powertrain loss % should be for an '10 Frontier LE CC V6 would be?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
After about a year of owning mine I played around on a dyno with no mods at all. Put down 213.50hp at the wheels and 240 torque. So if Im doing the math right 213.50/265 (stock hp) Im looking at a 20% powertrain loss... (If that is how you do it)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah you saw a loss of 21.7% based on factory hp figures, this isn't an exact figure cause you can't say for sure due to air temp, pressure, humidity, and all that how much power your truck was putting to the flywheel but 20% would be a good number to go by. i've heard time and time again that you can expect 10%-15% loss with manual trannys and 15-20% with autos

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.. I put down 20% for my 1st estimate.. Also, mine is an auto, 4x4 -- I suspect there may be more loss with the transfer case in the equation as well, even in 4x2 mode?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i would think so too since the front gear assembly and shafts will be turning as well during driving even in 2wd, if we had manual hubs then when unlocked none of this would turn during driving but we don't have manual hubs. its still adding friction and rotational mass to it all so i'm sure it factors in

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
its still 20% or so as the 4x4s have the lighter single piece drive shaft

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts